Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Where to start. From the outside looking in, one his biggest mistakes has been, bizarrely, backing the managers too much.

I think it’s coming from a good place i.e. trying to give the managers what they say they need to be successful, particularly in the transfer market. None of the managers we’ve had under him can say they failed because Mosh didn’t back them.

Problem is, as managers have failed, it’s meant a scattergun recruitment and squad building process as each new manager brings in their choices and players.

We’ve got a director of football who is supposed to stop that happening. The balance between dof and manager has been wrong for five years.

It reflects extremely poorly on him and the directors that this arrangement has continued for so long, leading to us pissing £500million pounds up the wall, without them stepping in and changing it. Feels negligent to me that senior directors are watching this happen and not making major changes to a dysfunctional, underperforming area of the operation.

They’re quite happy to let it continue with Rafael bringing in his own favourites over the summer and no doubt he’ll have major say in short term fixes we go for in January. Zero thought, zero long term planning, lack of accountability - not looking like he can run a football club other than putting his money in, which I’m grateful to him for.

Doesn’t matter what manager we have, the recruitment has been so abysmal that they are hamstrung immediately. Literally nothing we can do until pretty much half this squad is gone. I’d say sack the manager as well but it makes no odds who’s in charge to be honest until we have a clear pan with a clear footballing hierarchy, not just Moshiri doing what he wants.

Where to start. From the outside looking in, one his biggest mistakes has been, bizarrely, backing the managers too much.

I think it’s coming from a good place i.e. trying to give the managers what they say they need to be successful, particularly in the transfer market. None of the managers we’ve had under him can say they failed because Mosh didn’t back them.

Problem is, as managers have failed, it’s meant a scattergun recruitment and squad building process as each new manager brings in their choices and players.

We’ve got a director of football who is supposed to stop that happening. The balance between dof and manager has been wrong for five years.

It reflects extremely poorly on him and the directors that this arrangement has continued for so long, leading to us pissing £500million pounds up the wall, without them stepping in and changing it. Feels negligent to me that senior directors are watching this happen and not making major changes to a dysfunctional, underperforming area of the operation.

They’re quite happy to let it continue with Rafael bringing in his own favourites over the summer and no doubt he’ll have major say in short term fixes we go for in January. Zero thought, zero long term planning, lack of accountability - not looking like he can run a football club other than putting his money in, which I’m grateful to him for.
Excellent post sums up the situation. A starting point for developing a sustainable plan and clear strategic direction for the whole club would be for Mosh to appoint a strong CEO from outside the club. I have nothing against DBB but it does appear that her longer term association with the Chairman/Club places her in a position where it appears the priority is to keep the current Board happy.

I really think that until we get the injured spine, Mina, Doucoure, DCL. back, you have to cut Benitez some slack.
6 weeks ago Arteta was a deadman walking...now he isnt
6 days ago so was OGS, now he isn't...but he might be next month.
Nuno won 3 on the run, now he's gone.
Bruce - gone
Farke - teetering...or is he.

I bow to nobody in my opposition to Benitez's initial appointment - but now is not the time for another sacking.
and who are you going to get??
Meanwhile all the usual suspects sit on their big contracts, and turn in halves like the first Vs Wolves.

Excellent post sums up the situation. A starting point for developing a sustainable plan and clear strategic direction for the whole club would be for Mosh to appoint a strong CEO from outside the club. I have nothing against DBB but it does appear that her longer term association with the Chairman/Club places her in a position where it appears the priority is to keep the current Board happy.
Does moshri have the guts to clear the board room out. Their meetings must be a gem

I'm sure the owners of Chelsea & City are as clueless about the running of a football club.
But how they are different is they appoint people that are absolutely ruthless in what they do.
If Moshiri is guilty of anything it is putting his faith ( & his money ) in the hands of Kenwright & his cronies.
Yes he's made bad calls but ultimately he should have someone like a Bruce Buck around to make those decisions for him.
Off field (stadium etc) its everything and more we have dreampt of. Its the on field from top to bottom that needs sorting out , and quickly too.
You can criticise Kenwright for a lot of things, and I do, often, but there is no way Kenwright picks Benitez as manager that is 100% Moshiri.

You can criticise Kenwright for a lot of things, and I do, often, but there is no way Kenwright picks Benitez as manager that is 100% Moshiri.

It’s a known fact that Moshiri was the only board member that wanted Benitez, it was reported by quite a few reliable journalists that there was a 3-way divide in the boardroom. What a mess.

It’s a known fact that Moshiri was the only board member that wanted Benitez, it was reported by quite a few reliable journalists that there was a 3-way divide in the boardroom. What a mess.
He’s got a massive ego which gets in the way of logical decision making.

Look how he appointed Silva just because he couldn’t handle being rejected first time round.