Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Well, for a start, it's such a wishy washy question that it doesn't really have a point other than acting as a strawman for perceived problems people are clutching at. What is any teams "identity" and does it last for any sustainable amount of time?

We have problems, this is not in question. Are some of them a symptom of the direction we have taken since Moshiri took over? Undoubtedly. Was that direction widely lampooned when it began? No, not at all. In fact, because of the years of austerity, it was welcomed.
Unfortunately, we hired the wrong manager in an attempt to do the wrong thing that everyone called for. Instant success. Had Moshiri decided to wait, patiently build, and refused to lean towards the fans hostility to the then current manager, he would've faced just as much criticism.

We have essentially gone down the some would say foolish route of gambling and doubling down 2 or 3 times in an attempt to claw back what we had lost. If any one of those gambles had paid off, he would've looked like a genius, but they haven't, so it looks bad and we instead have to regroup.

For every decision he could've made, there was at least 1 other option that may or may not have stood us in a better place than we are today. And with hindsight being 20/20, it's easy for any of us to point out which particular 1 we would've/could've/should've done differently.

Regardless of what you think of him, and the current onfield situation, which is as a result of a combination of poor fortune (missing a host of our best players in quick Succession) and overspending in an attempt to do things quickly rather than patiently, we are where we are. We may have appeared to be in a better situation before he arrived, but punching above our our weight, albeit fairly consistently, was not sustainable long term, just as the overspending we tried to cure it with was as well.

We need a good few years to turn this around. It was never going to happen overnight. People need patience and to apply a bit of reason rather than reacting to every event like its ushering in the end of days.
We are so far off the right path though, will patience pay off before we slide too deep, either with unmanageable debt or relegation battle or worse, relegation itself?

You’re acting like it’s 50/50, the only good thing is the progress on the stadium, everything else has been a complete train wreck.
Okay. I appreciate you calibrating my opinion for me.

There really is nothing wrong with nuance - though I can see how that might not be the view of someone who broadcasts his fairly clear view from his avatar.

I like his ambition, and I'm hopeful that we'll get it right under him - even if the way he's handled on-the-pitch stuff so far has been pretty poor for the most part.

I can live without forming that into a for / against opinion, thanks.

Okay. I appreciate you calibrating my opinion for me.

There really is nothing wrong with nuance - though I can see how that might not be the view of someone who broadcasts his fairly clear view from his avatar.

I like his ambition, and I'm hopeful that we'll get it right under him - even if the way he's handled on-the-pitch stuff so far has been pretty poor for the most part.

I can live without forming that into a for / against opinion, thanks.

Feel free to reel off a list of positives by all means, I won’t calibrate your opinion any more.

Unbelievable scoring Jeff. If there was a poll 'how do you feel about where we are after 5 years' then of course the answer is disappointed. Moshiri has made mistakes but he should be allowed the Silva/Iwobi ones that he appeared to be the driving force for given the amount he invested. We could still be sat on the shelf with no investment and no hope of the situation ever getting better.

You could have possibly made a case for him when he was at least trying to spend his way out of the mess he created, but it's now reached a point where a club that's been banking comically high TV revenues for years on end somehow can't afford to name a match day squad.

I dread to think what the situation will look like in another five years. The last two season's league positions were dire, and this latest managerial appointment is hardly inspiring.

87% - 13% !
Has the Poll been reset?
Is this the Poll that was running 47% - 53% 10(?) days ago

Knee Jerk or Damning Indicment?
Any "pleased" votes surely have to be seen as more knee-jerk (when we were spunking money left right and centre on average players). We've been terrible and getting steadily worse for 5 years now. I'd say the current poll is a more accurate reflection of the fans' views towards him.

Any "pleased" votes surely have to be seen as more knee-jerk (when we were spunking money left right and centre on average players). We've been terrible and getting steadily worse for 5 years now. I'd say the current poll is a more accurate reflection of the fans' views towards him.
For ages I've wondered why the Poll was pretty static.
Its like one of those major fault lines that are under pressure, under pressure, then one day they just shear apart, let go
Thus.

Unbelievable scoring Jeff. If there was a poll 'how do you feel about where we are after 5 years' then of course the answer is disappointed. Moshiri has made mistakes but he should be allowed the Silva/Iwobi ones that he appeared to be the driving force for given the amount he invested. We could still be sat on the shelf with no investment and no hope of the situation ever getting better.

He was also the driving force behind Koeman and Walsh mate.

He was also the driving force behind Koeman and Walsh mate.

But I can see clear rationale behind those. Koeman took Southampton to 6th (I think?) twice, also had a profile that may attract other names to Goodison and Walsh was considered the brains behind Leicester's title team and to be fair he could pick a player (like Gana), we just gave him too much money. He should have been the head scout or similar and then someone above to say "do we REALLY need another no.10?"

Silva was just a massive punt and I still don't know what an iWobs is.

*I think he might be some kind of portable mp3 player but all we seem to get is one crap tune out of him.