Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
I remember people being really against Moyes. Who did better at Westham than Carlo did here. Think he's thought right will do what I think is best, did what the fans wanted, look we're that got me.

He meant replacing Silva, I don't remember any huge protests then though
United Away, Moshiri was going back to his car and walked through the away fans waiting for coaches.
Lot of shouting "No Moyes" "Don't hire Moyes".

It was spontaneous and pretty good natured, hardly the poll tax riot.

United Away, Moshiri was going back to his car and walked through the away fans waiting for coaches.
Lot of shouting "No Moyes" "Don't hire Moyes".

It was spontaneous and pretty good natured, hardly the poll tax riot.
Maybe he pays more attention to the likes of GOT than we think. Because the feeling was very anti Moyes on here.

“I mean, what are your criteria? Premier League experience, winning trophies, being dedicated, knowing the city and ability to perform
boned.gif

If you look at Koemans history at his clubs prior to Southampton then you'll see why i was massively against him on this forum.

Valencia in particular was a horror showing not to mention his personality and (lack of) work ethic.

Allardyce was brought in for risk management purposes. It was always a short term deal and never going to impact the club over that summer -- however, the Walcott and Tosun (who Moshiri has effectively admitted signing based on seeing one game for besiktas) signings still make no sense to me -- as they didnt at the time.

Ancelotti i had confidence that this summer (as stated) would be where he made his mark after only spending £65mil last summer -- which isnt much spread across 5 players -- going to the next stage of the rebuild. The squad is poor and i think the three styles he played over the season showed how limited alot of the players are. His £11mil a year attracted certain players to the club and improved others -- a sale of James for example would likely cover that amount.

As for my knowledge -- lets put that to one side. We have heard Moshiri talk the talk as if he is going to push us to the top of the league...hes said the same thing for years. He hired Ancelotti and gave him £65mil for 5 players when competitiors for those top slots pay that for one player.

Now hes gone for Benitez...claiming we need to be competing for trophies...does he get £65mil across the 5 players as well?

Moshiri needs to back up what hes saying now with serious money -- he makes hundreds of millions a year...

Agree with a lot you've said there Zat, better than the post I replied to and yes I want Moshiri to splash more cash, should definitely invested more last winter when we were in a good position. But I think its bloody ffp that's stopping him us from doing it.

Agree with a lot you've said there Zat, better than the post I replied to and yes I want Moshiri to splash more cash, should definitely invested more last winter when we were in a good position. But I think its bloody ffp that's stopping him us from doing it.

Spurs dropped £65mil on Ndombele and Arsenal £72mil on Pepe.

Not successes of course but thats what our rivals are doing.

If FFP is a concern then we should sell players and reinvest.

What we sell today we can spend with the book value showing over length of contract.

Literally we just need to sell some players to be able to really spend big even with FFP.

What we sell today we can spend with the book value showing over length of contract.

Literally we just need to sell some players to be able to really spend big even with FFP.
Would take big losses on most of the players sold, though. Won't help FFP

The Iran joke thinks benitez's connection to rs is "distant"

He actively supports them. Goes to matches when he's not working. His social media is full of stuff about them. He goes to fans functions. His book was an ode to Liverpool FC despite him leaving them years before. One of his dogs is called RED.

Distant, farhad?

Arsenal and Spurs, i can see Spurs for one not throwing money around as much, the lockdown has cost them millions that we havent lost since we dont have any match day revenue to talk of