Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Nobody should want the stadium to fail, we need this so badly.

We all want Everton to the best we all have different views on how we get there and who will take us there.

That said every evertonian needs to get behind this

Going to the markets to finance the stadium with the club's current financial state and the possible threat of relegation will be interesting. Moshiri must be wondering how he manages to escape with his money.

It'll take the scrapping of the BMD to convince most he's appalling. And that wont be too far off.
Spin, its all about the spin.
What if say 'a structual survey' 'shows' that BMD has 'faults' - expensive faults...well fill your own spin
Anyway the 81 still goes to Speke and there still will be 'a' ground, just not sure yet where or which side of the road you get on the bus.
Don't you hate International Breaks

Nope, we werent standing still.

With Moyes we were the best of the rest, then Martinez took us to the bottom half, we were in major decline.

We had hit a brick wall, but in truth the squad and team we had at the back end of Martinez's season was closer to winning things than how I feel now. I'd also say, the appearance of Moshiri destabilised that team and probably deepened the fall out from that particular season.

What can't be denied is Moshiri has put a large amount of money in, that should not be doubted or underestimated. However at some point I think he has to look inwardly to ask if he's done enough outside of that. We still have the same chairman nearly 4 years on. A chairman who had not presided over a football club that had any real desire to be the "best of the rest". He cajoled the club to that target successfully. However in his previous 16 years in charge of the club, nothing suggested he would be capable of running a club that had ambitions beyond that. He has been retained for the duration of the time Moshiri has been here.

Part of me feels a bit sorry for Moshiri, but part of me thinks, if you go out on a massive limb, and allow someone who patently doesn't have the skill to execute your plan to remain in control of an organisation you are pouring money into then it's most likely going to be money down the drain. Not only that but you are centrally to blame for it.

Until the club resembles someone like say, Dortmund, Monaco, Leipzig (or the other RB chain), Ajax etc off the pitch with that degree of ruthlessness, efficiency and clarity of thinking then we will continue to suffer. We still don't spend money massively efficiently. It's got better under Brands, but if we get a new manager what happens if he doesn't like some of the signings brought in?