Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Either way, his personal wealth whether its up or down by £500m is not sufficient to be a game-changer.

As I see it, what he brings to the table is an ability to stabilise us financially which appears to have been done already, plus his professional nous, and most importantly of all, getting some of what must be a vast network of contacts and friends to assist him where possible to be either helpful to us in a practical sense, or benevolent in another way.

I imagine Usmanov is not the only very wealthy pal of his, not by a long way, especially in the business and geographic circles Moshiri has operated in.

The stadium is the absolute top priority for him I think. Get that built and it opens us up to an entirely new level of investment.

Either way, his personal wealth whether its up or down by £500m is not sufficient to be a game-changer.

As I see it, what he brings to the table is an ability to stabilise us financially which appears to have been done already, plus his professional nous, and most importantly of all, getting some of what must be a vast network of contacts and friends to assist him where possible to be either helpful to us in a practical sense, or benevolent in another way.

I imagine Usmanov is not the only very wealthy pal of his, not by a long way, especially in the business and geographic circles Moshiri has operated in.

The stadium is the absolute top priority for him I think. Get that built and it opens us up to an entirely new level of investment.

Spot on and I would be very shocked if USM doesn't buy the naming rights to our new stadium.

http://www.thetopbalcony.com/what-is-evertons-net-spend-under-farhad-moshiri/866

February 1, 2017 by James Campbell

WHAT IS EVERTON’S NET SPEND UNDER FARHAD MOSHIRI?
Everton ended the transfer window with two big signings and a loan for the u23s.

But with several outgoings and a lack of cover at full back and up front, are Everton fans right to worry about how deep the pockets of Farhad Moshiri actually are?

The answer, as expected, is ‘not really’.

A look at Everton’s transfer spending since summer 2016 shows the club has spent around £15 million more than it has brought in.

Big fees for Morgan Schneiderlin (£22m) and Yannick Bolasie (£25m), as well as double figures for Ashley Williams (£12m) and Ademola Lookman (£11m) take Everton’s spending to above £50m.

Smaller fees were paid for Idrissa Gana Gueye (£7m) and Maarten Stekelenburg (£1m) and youngsters such as Dominic Calvert-Lewin (£1.5m).
The total spending on permanent transfers is £79.5m.

In comparison outgoings are topped by John Stones’ £47.5m move to Manchester City, followed by Bryan Oviedo and Darren Gibson departing for £7.5m.

Ryan Ledson also departed for a nominal fee, but given Bassala Sambou joined for a similar deal, we can take those out of the equation.
That leaves a spend of £24.5m since the summer transfer window.

Loans

Everton have secured the loan of Enner Valencia, with a fee of £1m minimum. A smaller fee has been paid for Anton Donkor, with a £1.5m clause at the end of the season if Everton decide to make it permanent.

In outgoings, a host of Everton players have departed on loan. AC Milan eventually paid a sub-£1m fee for Gerard Deulofeu, while it is unlikely Hull City paid anything to take Oumar Niasse’s wages off our hands.

Tom Cleverely commanded a fee – and will almost definitely go for £8m in the summer.

But even counting up the various loans deals and eventual fees (assuming Hull go down and don’t buy Niasse), Everton have still paid around £15m on players since the summer.

Is that enough?

For many fans that represents a sell-to-buy policy but with big money signings in the club’s sights in the summer – Michael Keane for £25m among them – the club is spending.

Martinez and his merry band of backroom staff cost the club upwards of £10m in the summer while compensation of around £6m for Ronald Koeman and his team has further drained the coffers.

That takes the spend up to £30m in Everton’s quest to rebuild the club.

Even more importantly, getting Niasse (£55K), Cleverley (£55K), Deulofeu (£45K), Gibson (£30K) and Oviedo (£25K), as well as McAleny, Rodriguez (£10K) off the wage bill will free up over £250,000 per week in wages (before incomings).

That means Everton are in a position to pay high wages for top players without endangering the Financial Fair Play position of the club if they reach Europe.

So far the signs are good. The squad is leaner but better placed to secure a good finish, the manager’s vision is coming to fruition and the stadium move is being planned.

Farhad Moshiri has also paid off much of the club’s debt with an £80m interest-free loan that many expect will be converted to equity at some point in the future.

That takes his spending to over £110m in just 12 months – an unprecedented level considering the club’s last two decades of frugality.

New commercial deals with Alisher Usmanov’s USM for Finch Farm sponsorship and a deal with Sure are the beginning of a commercial revolution at the club too.

Which all adds up to a bright future for Everton.

Lots of good points but he seems to be claiming that Moshiri has both loaned us 80 million and met 30million pound worth of overheads since purchasing his shares. I don't think that is accurate. The debt that has been paid was around 50 million I believe, allowing the remainder to be used for other costs.

Lots of good points but he seems to be claiming that Moshiri has both loaned us 80 million and met 30million pound worth of overheads since purchasing his shares. I don't think that is accurate. The debt that has been paid was around 50 million I believe, allowing the remainder to be used for other costs.
Correct - if you split it into pots, about 54.5 mil debts, 11 mil RM and 6m? Koeman.
He has also omitted that if Stones were a cash deal, Barnsley got about 7mil, and the distinct probability that since the accounts were signed off, 22.5m has been/will be borrowed by 31 May from RMF.

Edit. Cash terms 20 mil for MS and 7.5mil for AL. The rest are contingent liabilities. Think AW is rising to 12mil as well.

The 80M is real and the liquidation of our debt, plus the one time charge against Martinez and others buyouts will mean we'll have 16-17M less in expenses this year. Increased revenues from the FF and other deals should help. The point is, that we need to demonstrate profits for FFP to balance out the loss from last year. This year we should end up making a nice chunk of change, especially considering the reduction of salary for the next several months. Couple that with some of the likely sales of Cleverly, Niasse, Geri in the summer, probably McCarthy for $20M, might allow for a spend of close to 100M.

The 80M is real and the liquidation of our debt, plus the one time charge against Martinez and others buyouts will mean we'll have 16-17M less in expenses this year. Increased revenues from the FF and other deals should help. The point is, that we need to demonstrate profits for FFP to balance out the loss from last year. This year we should end up making a nice chunk of change, especially considering the reduction of salary for the next several months. Couple that with some of the likely sales of Cleverly, Niasse, Geri in the summer, probably McCarthy for $20M, might allow for a spend of close to 100M.
Unfortunately EFC accounts year end and final basis of FFP are 31 May, so any profit on disposal of the players you mention fall into May 18 accounts. Only Martinez and his team buyout appears in the last accounts, so the deal for Koeman falls in the 17 accounts.
Whilst the players going on loan saves wages and may have generated loan fees, their amortisation continues, which in the case of Niasse alone is 3m per year, increase of about 2m from 16 accounts.
Also ignored is the amortisation on the players brought in, so annualised, allow 5m for Bolasie, at least 3m for Williams, about 2m for Gueye or about 7.5 mil
Schneiderlin about 350k per month, so about 1.5 mil by May, Lookman about 0.5 mil.
Deduct about 6 mil for the profit on Oviedo Baby and Sicknote.
Brief synopsis, amortisation up by 11.5, compensation RM down by about the same, RK compo 6 (ish) mil, offset by player sales in Jan, so the only increase in the bottom line will be the profit on the sale of Stones, for accounting/FFP purposes probably 37 mil, and the decrease in interest paid to RMF/Pru and income from new commercial activity,so 40mil ish better bottom line than last year as the decrease in ticket prices also impact this year.

*I lead an incredibly sad life looking at this shizzle. Non-vaultable due to medication