Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
40 Million debt has not been paid off. It's around half of that with around 20 million still remaining. The other costs (ones which have actually happened, and aren't dependent on a non-existent planning application being granted) could easily have been met with club money, and most probably were.

Petty, I know, but :

Since 31 May, 2016, the Club’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, has provided an interest-free loan of £80m with no agreed repayment date. This funding has been used post-year end to reduce the Club’s long-term debt by repaying the entire other loans balance of £54.8m at 31 May 2016 and to pay exceptional items referred to above.

Just saying.

So I know there's other costings, sackin and hiring managers and what have you.

But is the ball park for his part ownership and debt clearance about £160 million?

£80 mill for his share and the same for debt clearance? Or am I way off?

Cheers ted

So I know there's other costings, sackin and hiring managers and what have you.

But is the ball park for his part ownership and debt clearance about £160 million?

£80 mill for his share and the same for debt clearance? Or am I way off?

Cheers ted
If the price of 5k per share reported in the papers is right, then he has spent about 87.5 mil for shares via BHHL and a further 80 mil loan.
If the options are for all BK,AA, JW and JWL remaining shares and are at 5k, it will cost about 41 mil so his total outlay will stand at 208.5mil.
If a 1 for 1 rights issue is done, underwritten by BHHL at 5k per share is done, then it will cost a further 95mil or thereabouts, so potentially his investment including purchase of shares could be over 300 mil.

And I shudder to think what would have happened if Bill had not begged, stole and borrowed to buy Johnson out because no else was interested in meeting his price.
It's most likely we wouldn't still be in the Premiership. BK made mistakes but his biggest one was being poor relatively speaking and therefore never having remotely near the finances necessary to compete effectively with the rich elite at the top.

Well done Moshira. Some of us opened our arms to you and welcomed you as we knew change was necessary............some stabbed you in the back and tried to convince all and sundry that you are a fraud by making up unfounded conspiracies............just for the sake of it, it seems. Still struggling to get my head around the reasoning. Think the main reason was because we had a negative spend in the summer because of the Stones sale and that was enough for a melt down in spite of evidence that we attempted to buy more players. Guilty before proven innocent.

If the price of 5k per share reported in the papers is right, then he has spent about 87.5 mil for shares via BHHL and a further 80 mil loan.
If the options are for all BK,AA, JW and JWL remaining shares and are at 5k, it will cost about 41 mil so his total outlay will stand at 208.5mil.
If a 1 for 1 rights issue is done, underwritten by BHHL at 5k per share is done, then it will cost a further 95mil or thereabouts, so potentially his investment including purchase of shares could be over 300 mil.
Ok thanks, maybe pedantic and it's probably been done to death but should WE count his purchase of he shares as an investment into us? Obviously he will. because he's spent the dough, but if the club effectively doesn't see it (just those whose shares they were) I just wonder if we should class it that way? What do you think Hibs?

Cheers Terry

Ok thanks, maybe pedantic and it's probably been done to death but should WE count his purchase of he shares as an investment into us? Obviously he will. because he's spent the dough, but if the club effectively doesn't see it (just those whose shares they were) I just wonder if we should class it that way? What do you think Hibs?

Cheers Terry
You're handsome and intelligent.
Not purchase of the original shares, but if (hopefully when) a rights issue is done, that is investment in the club.

By a brief read he basically wiped long term debt and then got a loan so it is short term?

Also this is the Vibrac loan isn't it that been moved?

So more or less we have a no interest no payback loan?

That is great news because we basically are getting pumped through with cash from a new source at now interest and No payback date?