Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Fewer passes made, fewer passes completed, more long balls than last season. It seems that you and I have different definitions of "good" football. You must have loved footie in the 80's.

Entitled. LOL. I was promised things never being the same (granted by a storied liar, but that's a different thread). They look pretty samey so far.
We probably have lower possession stats too. Do you miss Martinez that badly?

And yes, expecting a complete reversal of fortune in 15 games makes you either entitled (if you believe it should happen just because money was spent) or deluded (if you don't understand why it doesn't work that way).

We probably have lower possession stats too. Do you miss Martinez that badly?

And yes, expecting a complete reversal of fortune in 15 games makes you either entitled (if you believe it should happen just because money was spent) or deluded (if you don't understand why it doesn't work that way).

So. Just to confirm what you are saying. Having less of the ball, passing it less, passing it less effectively, picking up less points, scoring less, playing more long balls is not evidence of a poorer style of play? You claim we are improved. By what measure? Your opinion is the only thing proferred so far and the only thing I know beyond that is that you get all prickly and precious when that opinion is challenged.

I was pleased to see the back of Martinez. After 15 games I expected to see signs of improvement from that era. I haven't. The initial improvements in our defense have evaporated, we are less potent going forward and completely ineffective creatively in midfield. If that makes me "entitled" or "deluded" in your eyes so be it. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

So. Just to confirm what you are saying. Having less of the ball, passing it less, passing it less effectively, picking up less points, scoring less, playing more long balls is not evidence of a poorer style of play? You claim we are improved. By what measure? Your opinion is the only thing proferred so far and the only thing I know beyond that is that you get all prickly and precious when that opinion is challenged.

I was pleased to see the back of Martinez. After 15 games I expected to see signs of improvement from that era. I haven't. The initial improvements in our defense have evaporated, we are less potent going forward and completely ineffective creatively in midfield. If that makes me "entitled" or "deluded" in your eyes so be it. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

lol

Ditto for your strange assertion that anyone who disagrees with you is prickly and precious.

You haven't "confirmed" what I've said, you've not grasped it at all. Equally I simply cannot grasp why on earth you think that being 7th / 8th / 9th after 15 / 16 games is not improvement, and that somehow we are entitled to be higher. We're obviously simply not understanding each other here. Shall we write this conversation off?