Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
"Latest scenes from Goodison Park as the Everton fans wait for news of their new stadium in July 2025"

images
A bit inaccurate to be honest as mist of the heads will have fallen off way before then

I feel great thanks mate. Very positive for the coming season. How about you?

Your infatuation with Besic is both boundless and unhealthy:)

Im an eternal optimist where Everton on the pitch is concerned sadly, it always hurts when the reality hits around March/April, but until then I always feel that this year we make a difference.

I also got a ST once based on a lie, a lie that wasnt told, but I honestly thought Rooney would stay, that was my motivation to renew that year.

We have a very good manager who is saying all the right things, we have some quality players, I feel good about how this season will go, same as every year since 1984, lets hope March/April comes around next year and I dont have to face the reality again.

The biggest flaw in moshiri's ownership thus far I feel, has been the distinct lack of communication with the fanbase. An interview with the OS spelling out his intentions and visions for the club would alleviate many concerns that that the fans have.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...tatement-of-intent-from-the-new-regime.91262/

Still not a murmur from them.

• Transfer window fiasco
  • A billionaire preparing to allow the club to take out loans at 8% interest
  • No documentary evidence that the largest debt the club owe is sorted out, despite claims it has
  • A PR disaster in the media
  • Apparent organisational overlap and confusion about roles
  • The stadium still a chimera.

That ^^^ is the big break from the past, apparently.

No mate.

In my view he's a protagonist who's real agenda is to undermine Moshiri's credibility and show him up to be an underhand operator. I don't know what his motives are for this. The "supporting evidence" claims are merely a bi-product of this.

I personally form my own beliefs on Moshiri and don't hang on Esk's every word. Let's be honest, he couldn't have been much more wrong during the transfer window.

As regards your indisputable facts

We had minimal positive spend during the window. That's not actual proof that we had a sell to buy policy. There is more than enough evidence from press and social media quotes from foreign clubs and agents to accept that we made significant bids during the transfer window for numerous players.

Yes we still loan players but I don't see what that has to do with anything. In the last 18 months clubs of the standing of United, Chelsea and Bayern. Plus I don't believe we would have entered the loan market had we bagged one of our striker targets on deadline day. Yes it's an indisputable fact, but I don't see what the relevance is to questioning what Moshiri's done for us.

We still take loans. We have set up a credit line to give us the ability to finance the TV money which is staggered throughout the year. Most clubs will do this but the financially more sound will probably do it through an overdraft with their bankers. Doesn't mean that we have utilised the facility and I see nothing wrong with this type of credit line being in place to call on if needed..

We still have debts. Possibly, I don't know. Esk claims they have been repaid. We won't find out until the accounts are published I guess. I wouldn't call that undisputable fact at the moment though.

We are still at Goodison. Yes. Undisputable. What did you expect though?. That Moshiri in 6 months would fashion a new stadium out of thin air?

As regards what Moshiri's done for us.

Well firstly he got rid of a manager who had lost the trust and support of both the players and the fans. I really believe BK wouldn't have sacked him. He should have gone earlier and Moshiri has to take some of the blame for this.

I like the new manager he brought in. He could have gone for easier or cheaper options but I believe he made a good choice.

Whist the jury is still out, I do believe he made a good choice in his appointment of Walsh as DOF. Time will tell I guess.

There is a general positive feeling around the club and the majority of it's supporters of the direction the club is going in (not by everybody I accept). Six months ago I bet half of the season ticket holders were considering not renewing this season. I know I was and the 4 guys I go the match with. Most of the talk around a new stadium now is positive whereas 6 months ago it was almost vitriolic.

On the negative side he has to take responsibility for a below par transfer window. I don't know why he hasn't increased his share holding yet to get completely rid of the old brigade. He needs to replace the Chairman and CEO with proper football people asap. And don't even get me started on the Jim White saga.

I think the transfer window was a reality check, for us fans and indeed for Moshiri himself, as regards Everton's standing in world football. I can't understand why so many on here use this to question Moshiri's intent and ambitions for our club. But they're entitled to their opinion and I respect that.

Would I prefer us to be further advanced as regards management structure and squad quality?. You bet. Would I go back to pre Feb 2016 before Moshiri bought a 49.9% stake in Everton?. Never. Would you?

For the record, I don't believe the rumours about Moshiri's covert debt repayments, in fact I refute them as I have yet to see any evidence that he has invested into Everton at all. It is other people who have made the claims about covert operations.

Im an eternal optimist where Everton on the pitch is concerned sadly, it always hurts when the reality hits around March/April, but until then I always feel that this year we make a difference.

I also got a ST once based on a lie, a lie that wasnt told, but I honestly thought Rooney would stay, that was my motivation to renew that year.

We have a very good manager who is saying all the right things, we have some quality players, I feel good about how this season will go, same as every year since 1984, lets hope March/April comes around next year and I dont have to face the reality again.
Made my mind up on my season ticket the minute Martinez was sacked.

Probably would have renewed anyway tbf. I've sat through much worse than last year as I'm sure you have.

You can pick that up anywhere in the league now. Any of the 20 will make you obscenely rich, Southampton and Leicester respectively will definitely do so. Try again.
£6M? You're having a laff if you think Koeman could get that anywhere else.

It fits right into the model we've had for years: pay the manager a massive wage, totally out of whack with the current status of the club, and dont spend much elsehwere.

People talk about how bad the clubs PR is, yet its managed to pull the wool over the majority of our fans all summer and continues to manage it.

They are utter geniuses if you ask me.
Nah. Hope does that.

All signs from the club seems to point to bad news. It's only the "ITK's", hope, and no small amount of patience that's keeping people optimistic.

What signs would they be?

People expecting news on a new stadium before the AGM in November are being incredibly naïve.

That's when progress, if any, will be announced.
Exactly.

The signs are that we sold John Stones and then bought some players that have less upside (though may be better today). We mortgaged the future for a mediocre present. We also fired an objectively bad manager for one that is probably an upgrade, though he's never actually done anything to suggest he's a great manager. Oh and we hired someone's head scout as a DoF. Those are the things the club did.

Stadium etc. are not from the club.

I hope it's not true. But those are the actual signs from the club.