FANS EMAILS: Goodbye Mr. Dennehy's

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever visit to New York last September coincided with Everton's first EL game of the season against Atalanta, so I had to pre-plan where I could watch it. After a short bit of googling I soon realised that the best spot would undoubtedly be Mr Dennehy's in Greenwich Village, as it combined the flavour of an Irish-American bar with being the home of EFC in NYC.

I turned up just before the 1pm kick off time and wasn't disappointed. Good beer, good food, and a prime spot in view of the big screen. Unfortunately we know what happened next as us Blues got more angry and frustrated by the minute as the game unfolded. However this did not diminish the experience of being in Mr Dennehy's and a very enjoyable time was had.

Very sad to hear it is to close and I'm just glad I managed to visit it before that happens. That pic makes it look quite big but in fact it is a lot smaller than it appears which lends it self to a cosier atmosphere. Best of luck in the future to the all the staff and the people who made it happen.

100_6275.JPG

Went there for the first time in September, great place, especially when Everton are playing, glad I went before this news,let’s hope someone can save it, cos I’d love to go again

Watched us beat sunderland 3-0 September 12th 2016 at Dennehy's, met the founder of NYC Evertonians, a lad from Huyton, forgot his name he's lived there for years, anyone know who I mean?

GUTTED it's closing.

I went to New York for my 60th and was lucky enough to have had an excellent breakfast and watch one of our games at Dennehy's. It was the 0-0 draw at Spurs in 2015. The game was poor but the people in the bar were fantastic and I had many many great conversations with fellow Evertonians about Everton. Sad to hear it is closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.