Famous Everton fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was about 12, I went to an event. There's a hospital two blocks from my home that's now been shut down and made into various private practice offices.
It was for the MetroStars (now known as the New York Red Bulls), and there were very few people there. But when I got there, this super young goalie showed up, high fived me, and asked if I wanted shoot baskets against him in this little arcade basketball game. He signed everything I had, posed for pictures, and seemed happier to see me than I was to see him.
I'm pretty sure you know at this point that the guy I'm referring to is Tim Howard. Tim Howard made me love the sport, so when the Premier League was finally widely available on American TV and he was an Evertonian, I felt like it was meant to be.
Also, the club appears dedicated to good works and despite the recent injection of cash, appears to truly be the people's club. I'm also a New York Mets fan. Now, the Mets are far from what anyone would describe as a "People's Club," but they're also the #2 team in a massive city behind the Yankees.
All this stuff, plus the club having players I genuinely liked (Coleman and Barkley and Lukaku) it all felt meant to be. I hope I can go someday, and I especially hope it's before Goodison closes.

When I was about 12, I went to an event. There's a hospital two blocks from my home that's now been shut down and made into various private practice offices.
It was for the MetroStars (now known as the New York Red Bulls), and there were very few people there. But when I got there, this super young goalie showed up, high fived me, and asked if I wanted shoot baskets against him in this little arcade basketball game. He signed everything I had, posed for pictures, and seemed happier to see me than I was to see him.
I'm pretty sure you know at this point that the guy I'm referring to is Tim Howard. Tim Howard made me love the sport, so when the Premier League was finally widely available on American TV and he was an Evertonian, I felt like it was meant to be.
Also, the club appears dedicated to good works and despite the recent injection of cash, appears to truly be the people's club. I'm also a New York Mets fan. Now, the Mets are far from what anyone would describe as a "People's Club," but they're also the #2 team in a massive city behind the Yankees.
All this stuff, plus the club having players I genuinely liked (Coleman and Barkley and Lukaku) it all felt meant to be. I hope I can go someday, and I especially hope it's before Goodison closes.

...nice story, Matey, good to have you on board.

Last edited:
Don't tell me you support 1860 Munich and Espanyol as well mate.

Also, the club appears dedicated to good works and despite the recent injection of cash, appears to truly be the people's club. I'm also a New York Mets fan. Now, the Mets are far from what anyone would describe as a "People's Club," but they're also the #2 team in a Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1 massive city behind the Yankees.
...nice story, Matey, good to have you on board.
thanks you

That's right. There was a guitarist or triangle player or something. Guess we could add him to the list as well.

Cant remember if Elton Welsby's been mentioned. Somehow kept a straight face when presenting the ITV coverage of the Michael Thomas title decider. Also that ex rugby player who looks like Voldemort off Question of Sport; Andy Burnham; John Parrot; Pete Best and the guy who founded Cream. Forgot his name. James Barton.

Status
Not open for further replies.