Fake News By Everton FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my problem with "journalism", you can write crap like "some sources say" or "a source has come forward" without reference to how reliable that source is (if there even is a source...) and people will take it on face value.
Yeah, its a Twitter feed that has started this, that nobody had ever heard of last week, the ever reliable social media platform were everything wrote on it is true

Welp, think this might be it for me and Everton for a good while. I totally understand now those that stayed away while Benitez was in charge. I just don’t recognise this club anymore. I have been a blue over 30 years now. I had a season ticket through the 90s and early 2000s when we were skint, and had a relegation battle almost each season. However, the team was dogged, determined and everyone was pulling together to try and save the club. Now we have an owner and a board in charge who are actively blaming the fans for our current state and feeding falsities to their friends in the media. This for me is beyond the pale and I cannot lend my active support to them until they are gone. I’ll definitely still be on the forum as frankly some of you are hilarious and brighten my days. But I won’t be watching matches or giving them any money until Moshiri and the board are gone. I will not be blamed for their failures, and I really hope it isn’t too long before they are all gone and competent individuals are steering us in the right direction.

Yeah, its a Twitter feed that has started this, that nobody had ever heard of last week, the ever reliable social media platform were everything wrote on it is true
Ferrington is a fairly long-standing Radio 5 Live football commentator it would appear (see #300). Many, like me, will not have heard of her because they don't listen to Radio 5 Live. She has covered 15 Everton games, so will be acquainted with Everton media staff & more than likely some, if not all, the board members. One of her colleagues is Mark Chapman (BBC footy reporter) who MC'd one of the club's end-of-season 'Dixie's' award ceremonies shortly after Moshiri took over. It was held at the Philharmonic Hall, and Bill Kenwright was on the stage as part of the event. Surely an experienced BBC reporter's report & account has been verified? She covered the Everton v Southampton game, so was at Goodison in person.

Ferrington is a fairly long-standing Radio 5 Live football commentator it would appear (see #300). Many, like me, will not have heard of her because they don't listen to Radio 5 Live. She has covered 15 Everton games, so will be acquainted with Everton media staff & more than likely some, if not all, the board members. One of her colleagues is Mark Chapman (BBC footy reporter) who MC'd one of the club's end-of-season 'Dixie's' award ceremonies shortly after Moshiri took over. It was held at the Philharmonic Hall, and Bill Kenwright was on the stage as part of the event. Surely an experienced BBC reporter's report & account has been verified? She covered the Everton v Southampton game, so was at Goodison in person.
So she was at the game and the board weren't, it's all nonsense, she gets to brake the story a week later before anyone else, it's ridiculous.

Yeah, i think we all would. If anything there would be videos of a bunch of men beating up whoever supposedly attacked her, but we dont have that either.
If something smells like bullcrap, it probably is.
Plus she has Grant Ingles, close male college sat next to her, Sharp (an sizeable chap) behind her and usually that utter dope Bellew (a former world boxing Champ!) a couple of seats along.

IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. AT ALL. NOT EVEN ANYTHING THAT COULD BE MISINTERPRETED AS A 'HEADLOCK.'

Load of bull from 'Danse' on Talksht really rubbing it in stoking up the flames about how bad it is for the Everton directors not to attend because of Everton fans.

To be honest, the media spin is irrelevant now. Sure, it has blinded many Evertonians to the truth about Kenwright for decades but the cat is out of the bag now. There is no way back for him with our fanbase. Sure, the fans of other clubs will take Headlockgate at face value but so what? He's crossed the Rubicon now and there is no way back for Kenwright and 40,000 match going Evertonians.

Very few Premier League clubs have a connection with the fanbase these days, with a few exceptions like Brighton. However not many weaponise their own fans to try and deflect from their own substandard performance. This is disgraceful behaviour from the Everton board. To be honest, football for me has been on the decline since 1990 when all of the happy clappers came on board after Italia '90 and football became a product. This is an inevitable consequence as clubs are further and further detached from the match going fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.