2020/21 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabian Delph creating issues where there aren't any in an attempt to make himself appear relevant.

I'm not really happy about how some people are crossing the line with how they talk of Delph. I feel sorry for him if this insta post is true and he's upset by the rumours (PS, if you get annoyed by this post, maybe its you! haha)
Yes, he's been a wasted signing, and on the Prime documentary he comes across annoying and like he has a big ego - but you'd have to do try to be confident / arrogant in a Man City dressing room full of stars.
It's annoying that he's injury prone and has not been like Gareth Barry was for us. But do we really know his attitude stinks, any more than other players? Do we know anything behind the scenes? The age disclosure of the suspended player was really bad luck for him, and I'm sure he's getting extra abuse by people assuming it's him, but we can afford to be kind, and not add extra abuse. I agree his wages and 8.5m fee have been wasted, but that doesn't warrant the extra aggressive abuse. We can be better fans :), and even if he's not one of the popular players in the dressing room, I hope he's getting support from the club, and his departure from Everton is amicable!

Last edited:

Is he really "furious" and outright blaming the club or are people jumping on board with media sensationalism just 'cos they don't like him. The only direct message of annoyance I've seen is from a different player at a different club asking why the age is given by police in certain circumstances.

It's quite possible to be annoyed with how something goes while remaining level headed and rational. It's a storm of conflating statements and events and he's been caught in the middle of it.....the drama and fury seems to mainly be grown men responding eagerly to clickbait because he hasn't done football to their liking.

Some fans love a soap opera. And if it gives the opportunity to stick the boot in on someone then there's no limit to how despicably low they'll go.

Nobody would sign him unless on a free. Even then who would want his wages bill? I would like to be proved wrong and he becomes an asset. I doubt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.