2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not good at football, runs his gob too much comparative to his level of talent, made of a substance akin to wet paper with an injury record to boot.

Would love to say cut the losses and get rid but I dont think anyone else is daft enough to take a punt at him regardless of the fee involved. Just chalk another one up to the goodison money pit and forget about it til he sails off into the sunset at the end of his contract.

Not being ignorant in the slightest. I think you’re offended because you think I’m suggesting you’re less of an Everton fan, I’m not, I’m just pointing out that someone from outside of the area doesn’t have the same experiences as an Evertonian in regards to the rivalry with Liverpool as what someone from inside the area does.

I think this is true. I grew up in the south. Most reds you meet fall into 2 categories;
1) Exiled scousers (or descendants)
2) Glory hunters

The first group, for the most part are a lot more pleasant than their Liverpudlian brethren. Most miss home and there is a real nostalia for the city with an understanding of what a big club Everton were/are. A year or so back in the gym I was wearing the 85 replica shirt (yes I'm that sad) and a fella shouted across to me "great shirt mate" in a scouse voice I acknowledged it. After I finished my run we had a chat, turned out he was a red, lived down south for 10 years or so. He just waxed lyrical about the team, acknowledged it was a tragedy we didn't get to play in Europe etc, said was the best team he'd ever seen. You meet loads of reds like that to be honest. I think they can see their club has been colonised by knobheads and sort of miss the city and know the role Evertonian's play in it.

The 2nd group, I can't say much positive for, but their just not that into football. They've never been to a match. When Liverpool go back to being rubbish they will stop watching again. There will be some effort at some banter, but it never lasts long.

Different kettle of fish being in the city really. Loads of blues around but putting up with those idiots must be a right pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.