2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went through the man first though?

He went through the man after and its considered a scissor tackle, but im not sure where hes meant to put his trailing leg, does it tuck it behind his neck?

Anyway, ive seen the first given, but the 2nd was just a clumsy tackle, on the touchline, the same tackle you will see 7 or 8 times a match, he was silly for doing it, but its very harsh.

2nd tackle was definitely harsh but he was an absolute bell end for doing that right in front of the linesman and ref when he was already on a yellow and could have cost us big time. As it happens, we were better when he went off and could no longer make poor passes and stupid tackles and went on to steal it. He will probably be itching to get on Instagram and have a few arguments with delusional fans as he likes to put it.

Drop the turd imo.

Unpopular opinion but I don't get why he's so hated and being written off after playing 10 games.
Bad mistake for 2nd today but it happens and sending off is a joke.
Players need time to settle in to a new club. So what if he's a bit mouthy. Still think he's a decent player.

He's 30, probably the most experienced player we have (at the highest level) and should know far better.

He was brought in to do a specific job which he hasn't come close to doing.

I can understand that he hasn't had chance to play alongside Gomes much. That's a fair factor. But then again, he's done f all else to help any other player in our midfield.

Holgate has shown him up when he's played there.

Delph is 10 times the player Tom Davies dreams of being.
No its not.

But its quite annoying reading people saying sell him or that he played badly.

I think he did ok, he played the entire game in midfield on his own, Iceland went missing, as per this season, Iwobi and Walcott lost the ball everytime they got it, he sprayed the ball around and drove it forward a few times.

We need better and hopefully Gomes makes a difference, but who do people think will play alongside Gomes?

Im not angry Goat...just terribly disappointed.

Come back to the light.

Stupid.

A harsh decision, maybe, but this bloke is stupid.

At fault for their second and just completely crap.

Honestly, get rid asap.

Spot on.

I doubt there's many idiots (sorry, clubs) out there who would offer this charlatan the wages he'll desire, and it's not as if he will have any resale value.

Unfortunately, I think we will be lumbered with Delph for at least another year, but hopefully we'll be able to relegate him to a minor squad player by then.

Still, it wouldn't be ideal because of said wages...

Id have moved him on in Jan while he still has the illusion of a rep.

I'd be interested to see how he'd do if he had a proper run of games with someone half decent alongside him in a settled midfield. Which makes the red all the more annoying, though that was his fault.

He's not a bad player at all, but he's yet to get a real stretch of games back to back and I think that's frustrated him.
Possibly, but that's not going to affect my opinion on his footballing ability.

Youre so wrong on this Paul...the last thing we need is for delph to get games.

But he's an idiot for diving in.

He slows our play down - somehow that's possible - he always takes too many touches, he doesn't win possession back, he gives away needless balls.

He's meant to be a leader in the team - he was brought in for that reason.

I don't want it to seem like I have it out for him. I don't. He's just crap and keeps being crap.

Sadly i think i now hate him and so 'have it in for him'.

I dont want to look at him.

Idiot. Apparantly a leader but I see no leadership qualities in him. Hes a loud mouthed short thinking moron and he isnt good enough to be starting for us. Cost us the second goal, at that point it should be game over. Made a few nice runs through midfield then generally made the wrong decision, gave the ball away too easily. Squad player at best. Very disappointing.

Dont want him in the squad...brands needs to rectify this terrible mistake.

Unpopular opinion but I don't get why he's so hated and being written off after playing 10 games.
Bad mistake for 2nd today but it happens and sending off is a joke.
Players need time to settle in to a new club. So what if he's a bit mouthy. Still think he's a decent player.

It started off with him being awful
Injured
Awful at football
Swearing and shouting at Holgate
Acting the big man like hes world class
Still being awful at football
Calling out and insulting fans on social media
Giving the opposition goals
Being awful at football

Attitude / Ability = 0/10 in the bin

Dislike intensely.

Worst attribute by far was supposed to be his strength: his attitude. What a sulking pouty little turd.

Has slid behind Schneiderlin in my estimation which I did not think possible.

Would be fine not seeing him play ever again. I know we have depth problems in midfield but I scream at the TV when I see him.

I cant even compare him to a past player hes that bad.

:)

Tell me im wrong?
He went through the man after and its considered a scissor tackle, but im not sure where hes meant to put his trailing leg, does it tuck it behind his neck?

Anyway, ive seen the first given, but the 2nd was just a clumsy tackle, on the touchline, the same tackle you will see 7 or 8 times a match, he was silly for doing it, but its very harsh.

Time to turn off the internet.

He's 30, probably the most experienced player we have (at the highest level) and should know far better.

He was brought in to do a specific job which he hasn't come close to doing.

I can understand that he hasn't had chance to play alongside Gomes much. That's a fair factor. But then again, he's done f all else to help any other player in our midfield.

Holgate has shown him up when he's played there.

Based on his performances hes our worst midfielder.

Cant understand why Brands signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.