2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be an unpopular opinion but when everyone’s fit he’s still our second best midfielder after Gomes, maybe Gbamin but I’ve almost forgotten he exists never mind how good he is.

Obviously a humiliating defeat the other day but giving players abuse through dms is not the right way to do it. Also there’s are far worse like Gylfi and Schniederlin who should be hounded before Delph.

No one had a good game but I can’t see why he was singled out and messaged and obviously he’s stupid to respond but he didn’t start it and as bad as some of his messages have been he’s entitled to say what he wants.

If he leaves or whatever after this I won’t care all that much but think on his day he’s decent and he’s probably been unlucky with injuries and been rushed back every time he’s close to fitness because we’re so short of options. There are a lot worse options to have on the pitch or on the bench as a backup and some of them start for us more regularly than he does. That’s all I’m saying.

Probably not a popular opinion but being a tough guy on Facebook and Twitter is stupid on both parties. Delph should ignore it but the fans writing him like tough guys are clowns too.

Seems to be an unpopular opinion but when everyone’s fit he’s still our second best midfielder after Gomes, maybe Gbamin but I’ve almost forgotten he exists never mind how good he is.

Obviously a humiliating defeat the other day but giving players abuse through dms is not the right way to do it. Also there’s are far worse like Gylfi and Schniederlin who should be hounded before Delph.

No one had a good game but I can’t see why he was singled out and messaged and obviously he’s stupid to respond but he didn’t start it and as bad as some of his messages have been he’s entitled to say what he wants.

If he leaves or whatever after this I won’t care all that much but think on his day he’s decent and he’s probably been unlucky with injuries and been rushed back every time he’s close to fitness because we’re so short of options. There are a lot worse options to have on the pitch or on the bench as a backup and some of them start for us more regularly than he does. That’s all I’m saying.
He's still a decent player and I'm certain he wasn't singled out for abuse from the fans after Sunday. In fact have a look at almost any of the Twitter or Instagram profiles of the players from that game and you'll see they've been tagged into all sorts of grim abuse. Delph is the only one who responded. God only knows why, he must've known it would go badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.