2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motivation completely gone it looks.

Eh ?

Got two league medals at City and, if he'd stayed there he'd have likely picked up a nice wedge for being a squad option, with a good chance of picking up more medals, but leaves to join us in the hope of playing more.

He might not turn out to be a success here, but I reckon I need to check the dictionary definition of "motivation" to check that it means what I thought it did.

lollollol

Based on what?

Christ, you people really havent taken this defeat at all well.
Eh ?

Got two league medals at City and, if he'd stayed there he'd have likely picked up a nice wedge for being a squad option, with a good chance of picking up more medals, but leaves to join us in the hope of playing more.

He might not turn out to be a success here, but I reckon I need to check the dictionary definition of "motivation" to check that it means what I thought it did.
DAMMIT, my quote was meant about Schneiderlein, not Delph. Apparently replied to the wrong thread

Has everything this team needs just needs to stay fit….”just” how many times have we had to insert that clause over the years.

Didn't want Delph, but now I am desperate for him to be in there alongside Gomes. Has potential to be a decent partnership. He was good for City when they played him and he can be good for us. Anything other than Gomes + Schneiderlin partnership, even get Davies in if Delph isn't available. That Villa game proved once and for all that Gomes + Schneiderlin cannot play together.

Play him against wolves. Don’t risk him against Lincoln. Stick Davies in. Even he might look good against Lincoln.

He needs game time, if he’s fit, he has to start. Build up his match fitness. It’ll be like a preseason game for him. Looking forward to seeing him. Winners mentality and vastly experienced. Anyone watch that City doc on Amazon? That’s exactly what we need in the dressing room. Outspoken and hates losing. He’s gonna be a leader this fella. Oh, and he’s listed as a defender on the Fantasyprem site. Get him in your team!

hes an absolutely bang average footballer .. he isnt going to transform this team whatsoever, he might 'do a job' and prove half decent cover but that's all he is

everyone needs to give their heads a big wobble

He wouldn't have kept his place in Guardiola's squad if that was true though?

Needs to get fit and STAY fit. Can imagine his experience alone will be valuable provided this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.