2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
....provides LB cover for next season if he can make himself available.

I’d rather you dusted off your boots and provided cover next season, at least you’d bring in the right attitude.

And yes, I’m aware you’ve got grandkids ... which if youre from Bootle puts you around 36, but most likely a bit (!) older than that.

I’d rather you dusted off your boots and provided cover next season, at least you’d bring in the right attitude.

And yes, I’m aware you’ve got grandkids ... which if youre from Bootle puts you around 36, but most likely a bit (!) older than that.

...of all the Brands signings, this is probably the one most open to challenge. His injury/absence record for City was surely a red flag. I can’t see him leaving the club.

Saying that, I understand he’s been told he wasn’t being considered post-lockdown and to get himself fit for the new season. Those hamstrings will give way again, but if he’s relatively fit in the short-term it will save bringing in a Baines replacement and give the new young French recruit time to establish himself.

Who sanctioned this transfer?

Another spectacular failure.

I can see why he was bought, he was supposed to be a Gareth Barry type (ok not quite that good) to be able to come in and help out, be professional and know how to play a bit.

Unfortunately Gbamin got shot in the first couple of games and then we were reliant on someone who thought he was joining a club that was challenging (remember we had top 4 form for the back end of the previous season) and once that doesn't look like it's going to happen he quickly gave up and pocketed the money and just polishes his medals he (they) won at City. He was never supposed to be the play every week type as it was bound to break his weak and feeble body. His attitude is totally off the charts though and Brands would do well to learn from this error of judgement.

...of all the Brands signings, this is probably the one most open to challenge. His injury/absence record for City was surely a red flag. I can’t see him leaving the club.

Saying that, I understand he’s been told he wasn’t being considered post-lockdown and to get himself fit for the new season. Those hamstrings will give way again, but if he’s relatively fit in the short-term it will save bringing in a Baines replacement and give the new young French recruit time to establish himself.
He won't move cos he is on his last big contact. He's another over paid player we are stuck with till the end of his contract

He won't move cos he is on his last big contact. He's another over paid player we are stuck with till the end of his contract

And why would you move... all the overpaid ones won’t move until they either get a team come in for them that they have an affinity to, or a preferred location. Either that or we give them away so the buying club takes up their wages. Or they’re in the last 12-18months of their deals.

it’s the club we all love, but to (many of) them it’s just their employers. I wouldn’t move jobs for less money as a contractor, unless it was a golden/great opportunity.

And why would you move... all the overpaid ones won’t move until they either get a team come in for them that they have an affinity to, or a preferred location. Either that or we give them away so the buying club takes up their wages. Or they’re in the last 12-18months of their deals.

it’s the club we all love, but to (many of) them it’s just their employers. I wouldn’t move jobs for less money as a contractor, unless it was a golden/great opportunity.
I agree and I wouldn't move myself. But we need to move on and its essential for me that target hungry young players with something to prove

I agree and I wouldn't move myself. But we need to move on and its essential for me that target hungry young players with something to prove

Exactly, and possibly the right type of experienced player (I have no way of discerning who that would be... but basically in the Gareth Barry or Richard Gough mould rather than Delph... do we even look at player personalities?)

Status
Not open for further replies.