Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't rate him but clearly others do, can't really make a fuss if its 8m tbh.
I don't think we even wanted another CM after Gomes did we? I know he can play LB too but it seems like he's coming into CM.

Don’t hate him as a player at all and I do get the transfer but I’m not exactly besides myself with excitement either.

If we’re replacing Gueye with him however then I have a massive problem with this. Can’t see that we would be though.

Haha wow.

Delph can replace maccarthy and besic in the squad, who both played no games between them all season.

For 8 million and has been part of a title winning city squad coached by guadiola?

Seriously people are complaining?

What's next , slagging a new Winger off who is replacing mirallas and bolasie?

We have three premier league level midfielders for two positions in Gueye Gomes Schneiderlin. All three are susceptible to niggling injuries. We then have Davies who seems to split opinion on here. Even without Gueye being sold we need another body in there. Oh look here’s an England international who has been managed for two seasons by Guardiola available for cheap.

If this happens then the thinking is probably along the lines of looking for a player who knows the league well, who could have helped us out of that winter slump - Probably Gareth Barry's name was brought up - as someone we had in the past with the kind of qualities needed, and they see Delph as something similar.

Walsh would've spend £30mill on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.