Match Thread FA Cup, Hull City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the Hull fans if you noticed. I think it is bad form to gesture at the opposing teams fans. They should be warned not to do it
The put their finger over their lips to shush them. If we are offended by that then we all need to grow up. There was stuff thrown on the field at times. I think that's what we should be worried about.

They put their finger over their lips. Hardly a big deal. There was stuff being thrown on the field and this was picked up by the commentators. Id be more concerned about that.
Totally agree. I just thought it weird they both did it, they don't seem the type and there was little reaction

I have no mitigating comments. We scored a few world class goals to equalise and win. The general performance was dire.
No mention of the fact that the ref was allowing their scything tackles to go unpunished (Rondon on the edge of their penalty area being one example). Did not produce the yellow card on two occasions when our players were blatantly pulled back by Hull players. Did not give two blatant penalties that even the biased commentators admitted were penalties. Hull were only in the game for so long because the ref was 100% bent in their direction.

Or were you watching a different game to me...?

No mention of the fact that the ref was allowing their scything tackles to go unpunished (Rondon on the edge of their penalty area being one example). Did not produce the yellow card on two occasions when our players were blatantly pulled back by Hull players. Did not give two blatant penalties that even the biased commentators admitted were penalties. Hull were only in the game for so long because the ref was 100% bent in their direction.

No VAR because it was a championship ground. Iagree though on the subject of fouls and no yellows add to that should have been 2 penalties, BTW commited by the same defender.

Its obvious that he meant they hadn't trained in the few days they had been here,Myko because its the season break in Ukraine and Patterson, well just the few days he'd been here.plus a little time in Glasgow. Its common practice to allow new sighings a few days to acclimatise. Difference, for example with Trippier, he knows the UK pretty well.But not many foriegn signings make their debut immediately they arrive. I was in fact surprised Myko played at all, never mind the full game and extra time. Well done to him.
Fair enough, but we have problems of sorts with our fullbacks and I think they should be in asap. It will at least release players filling in
back to their normal positions, if required.

Your words certainly failed you as you can read from other comments. Best to reread before you send. I make the same mistake though, and then it's too late, and you think , Why did I send that?
The mistake I made was quoting Benitez as adding '...... since they've been here' after he said they hadn't trained for 15 days.

A few others made the point similar to yours and I explained it in replies to them. You must've missed them.

I could've added that Mykolenko was at Goodison watching the Brighton game a week before, so why hadn't he trained?

Kevin Friend is not a bent ref, he's just inadequate, he lost all control of that match at times and Hull took full advantage, diving in, handball dragging our players back all over the shop. Gomes elbowed one back and would have been sent off with var or a competent referee, but that was just total frustration at a red that was pathetically hopeless, even the commentators commented on it, that some refs now just rely on var to make decisions for them. That was telling.

Agree 100 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.