Match Thread FA Cup, Hull City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular opinion, I thought Rondon ran himself into the ground tonight. He fought hard up front.
Not saying we were brilliant, far from it, defensively we were a bit all over the place, but some character was shown tonight, Godfrey, Gray, Gordon, I thought were decent, Gomez I thought was motm, kept his head and played intelligent football. Created good chances throughout,could have got five goals tonight.
I don't think the set up is right, but our players cared and dug in ,into what was recognised as a tough game., our fans in the ground backed and cheered us for two hours, as bad as the agenda is on social media, there are positives to be had if you care to look.
Not sure what game you were watching. His movement was awful, pretending to close down and at the most making token 5 yard “runs” here and there. He certainly gave the impression of running himself into the ground but then so would Johnny Vegas if he was asked to jog around for 115 minutes.

Unpopular opinion, I thought Rondon ran himself into the ground tonight. He fought hard up front.
Not saying we were brilliant, far from it, defensively we were a bit all over the place, but some character was shown tonight, Godfrey, Gray, Gordon, I thought were decent, Gomez I thought was motm, kept his head and played intelligent football. Created good chances throughout,could have got five goals tonight.
I don't think the set up is right, but our players cared and dug in ,into what was recognised as a tough game., our fans in the ground backed and cheered us for two hours, as bad as the agenda is on social media, there are positives to be had if you care to look.
I seen a flick on in the first half, a defensIve header, a run were he was knocked over by a player half his size, he had a couple of ordinary passes. He was off the pace, no hold up play and no touch. But I am willing to be convinced, what was his contribution to the game apart from one or two touches.

Well we beat just, a championship team all credit to the players who tried. Subbings were dreadful the players taken off and that waste Rondon left on till near the end to be replaced by the other waste Tosun.

For me MOM Gray and closely followed by Gordon. Mykolenko not bad for forst game will get better. Worst play if we had poll was Rondon.

WE still need to be rid of FSW.
The Everton players subbed were all very tired. Gordon and Gray will probably start on Tuesday as well.Gomes did well for 75 minutes but tired, and whatever the hecklers say, Rondon put in a shift today as a BACK UP who probably never expected to play so many games.

Last edited:

I’ve been one of his biggest critics, however he did a job today, if nothing else.

He held the ball up, laid it off and at least occupied the centre halves.

However, he still continues to create no threat on goal at all and should’ve been hooked much earlier for Tosun.

Also, he got applause when he came off, so his contribution was acknowledged by the travelling fans.

Our play is so laboured and lacking in intensity, these players can sense he’s got half a foot out the door, they play like they’re in limbo
Totally agree with this. From first kick of the game ball passed back to keane who "stroked the ball" across the defense and invited pressure. This continued until we got lucky and equalised and we then controlled the half on the front foot only to resort back to a total lack of intensity in the second half standing off afraid to press for a 2 goal lead. This is rafas call and he should be forcing that. Instead we everton it and stand off and wait for the equaliser and got a bit of luck in extra time. We got lucky (apart from peno decision) and we will get well beat in next round if we play with similiar intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.