FA CUP 4TH ROUND DRAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly until some of the top 6 go out it’s not really an open year. You never know though, got a bit of a weird feeling. If we can get past Milwall and get another non prem draw then it could really open up.
Top of the league are out and 5th play 6th in the next round

Top of the league are out and 5th play 6th in the next round

Here’s hoping a few more drop it and the path opens up for us. City and Chelsea are the big two now that you wouldn’t want to draw. I’d want us to beat any of the others if it was at Goodison. Just need to see Milwall off and hope for another all top 6 clash in the next round or a giant killing or two.

I mean, I refused to get carried away.

We are Everton. We are bottlers. We also get no luck.

For example, 2008 FA Cup Semi Participants were West Brom (CH), Barnsley (CH), Cardiff (CH) and Portsmouth (PL).

Pompey’s run to the final saw them face one PL opposition (United, A) and they beat a Championship to do so.b

Fast forward to 2009, and the Semi Finalists were Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and us. For us to get there we had to face, Liverpool x2, Villa, Boro and Utd, then in the final a boss little Chelsea team.

Chelsea didn’t face a Prem team until the Semis.

I’d love to be positive, but you just know we’re gonna get beaten and we’ll see some ludicrous final and wonder “what if?”.

For example, 2008 FA Cup Semi Participants were West Brom (CH), Barnsley (CH), Cardiff (CH) and Portsmouth (PL).

Pompey’s run to the final saw them face one PL opposition (United, A) and they beat a Championship to do so.b

Fast forward to 2009, and the Semi Finalists were Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and us. For us to get there we had to face, Liverpool x2, Villa, Boro and Utd, then in the final a boss little Chelsea team.

I’d love to be positive, but you just know we’re gonna get beaten and we’ll see some ludicrous final and wonder “what if?”.

We wasted our ‘easy’ cup run chance under Martinez sadly. We had done the hard work against Chelsea at home then were level with a poor United team in the semi who were on the ropes and we had a penalty. Palace were waiting in the final. Mr ‘I want to win trophies’ Lukaku botched it though and then the chance went.

We also messed up under Moyes against Wigan when I think it was Milwall in the semi final. Admittedly it was City in the final but we used to have the edge on them back then and they were not the team under Mancini they are now (as shown when Wigan beat them). I think we’d played Oldham that year too. So Oldham Wigan (h) Millwall City to win the cup and we got beat 3-0 by Wigan at home.

That being said though, there’s no reason we can’t take advantage of a good draw this time. Get past Millwall and who knows.

We wasted our ‘easy’ cup run chance under Martinez sadly. We had done the hard work against Chelsea at home then were level with a poor United team in the semi who were on the ropes and we had a penalty. Palace were waiting in the final. Mr ‘I want to win trophies’ Lukaku botched it though and then the chance went.

We also messed up under Moyes against Wigan when I think it was Milwall in the semi final. Admittedly it was City in the final but we used to have the edge on them back then and they were not the team under Mancini they are now (as shown when Wigan beat them). I think we’d played Oldham that year too. So Oldham Wigan (h) Millwall City to win the cup and we got beat 3-0 by Wigan at home.

That being said though, there’s no reason we can’t take advantage of a good draw this time. Get past Millwall and who knows.
Remember when we beat Chelsea on pens away then lost to reading at home in the next round... Everyone that

Only hope we have is if top 6 clubs knock each out or falter to others before the fimal. If we get top 6 team or drawn away to a PL team we'll melt like ice cream on a hot day.

Godd didn't realise that. What about the 2015/16 SF run - just checked and we had Chelsea & Bournemouth on the way up, and didn't concede for until the SF...underrated cup run that year.

Same year League Cup run we had Barnsley, Reading, Middlesborough and Norwich City. Not so convincing but all decent Football League sides..Also didn't lose badly in the SF.

I dont want to bring up the RM can of worms...but very very decent runs, but yeah. no luck at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.