Extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of the Everton fanbase....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are 6th in the form table since Allardyce joined

This is a year in which it looks like traditionally solid premier league sides - Southampton, Stoke and West Brom will go down

Things could certainly have turned out worse for us given the terrible start. Allardyce has made a couple of good signings in Walcott and Tosun. A couple more good signings and we could be well placed for next season. He has a good group of support staff

The playing style is not always the most attractive, but you get the sense that with the right support, Allardyce can deliver solid results next year. This is certainly better than the days under Martinez when he refused to address the defensive problems...

Trying to get my head round why the seeming widespread dislike for him is so extreme given the results he's delivered and potential to improve next year - seems like an irrational ground swell of negativity with more getting drawn on to the band waggon......

There aren't that many realistically available better options out there (perhaps the experienced / proven at the top level Benitez or Ancelotti - certainly not the unproven Silva or Fonseca) - people could do worse than get behind Allardyce and decide he's earned the chance to show what he can do next season
Not being funny, but where? Where, and who, gets "the sense that with the right support"?

Every time I see a pro-sam article, the cynic in me wonders if it's one of the backroom staff, or Farhad logging in to spin a bit of positivity.

Which means, if true, that either alternatives have been scuppered, or they truly feel FS is the one they want.

Ergo - every pro Sam article depresses me.

Sake

....Allardyce has done well but you use the phrase ‘potential to improve next year’ and I think that is where much of the problem lies. For us to progress we need to be competitive in all games, not glibly surrender to those above us. Allardyce has shown an almost scientific approach, accepting defeat in games we are not expected to win against priority points against lesser teams.

It’s not solely Allardyce. Steve Walsh has put together an unbalanced and ineffective squad with many costly acquisitions either performing poorly or not getting game time. There is no team identity, no team strategy. Personally, I think we need to change the manager/DoF combination if we are to realise our ambition.

I think this has been done to death on other threads.

This is exactly it.

We've moved up the table under Sam but every game we've won has been because the opposition have been even worse than us not because we've been any good.

Imagine your house has been caught in a terrible flood. Not only are the rooms a mess but the foundations are rotten and the house is about to collapse.

You hire an expert in foundation repair, he and his team spend a few months securing the foundations and the house no longer is about to collapse.

What next? Because he's done a good job on the foundations you think to yourself? "Hey, this fella did what we paid him to do, why don't we hire him to redecorate the rooms?" No, you pay his bill and hire an interior decorator for the next stage of the redevelopment.

Sam Allardyce - CEO of Gravy Train Foundations - Thanks for the work, now jog on!

Everton are 6th in the form table since Allardyce joined

This is a year in which it looks like traditionally solid premier league sides - Southampton, Stoke and West Brom will go down

Things could certainly have turned out worse for us given the terrible start. Allardyce has made a couple of good signings in Walcott and Tosun. A couple more good signings and we could be well placed for next season. He has a good group of support staff

The playing style is not always the most attractive, but you get the sense that with the right support, Allardyce can deliver solid results next year. This is certainly better than the days under Martinez when he refused to address the defensive problems...

Trying to get my head round why the seeming widespread dislike for him is so extreme given the results he's delivered and potential to improve next year - seems like an irrational ground swell of negativity with more getting drawn on to the band waggon......

There aren't that many realistically available better options out there (perhaps the experienced / proven at the top level Benitez or Ancelotti - certainly not the unproven Silva or Fonseca) - people could do worse than get behind Allardyce and decide he's earned the chance to show what he can do next season

He brings on centerbacks for attackers when we are playing the worst teams in the league- even when we are drawing. For that alone he deserves firing.

This is exactly it.

We've moved up the table under Sam but every game we've won has been because the opposition have been even worse than us not because we've been any good.

That's like saying Man City have become champions due to being the least worst side in the league.

If he’s that good, I’m sure Arsenal and Chelsea will be interested in him in the summer for their manager jobs.
Chelsea do not concern me; we are a much bigger club than them, our 9 first division titles sees to that. However, Arsenal is a bit of a worry. If they do come in for Sam, he might be tempted...mainly due to their London location.
Important we lock him in on a lucrative extended contract asap.

It's not that we are good it's just that the Premiership outside the top 5 is utter garbage, Allardyce is too defensive and will play for draws at top 4-5 sides every season no matter where we are in the table, I do not trust him with youth and getting decent signings in either, Lookman shot out the door when this tub of gravy became manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.