Exit door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Jarvis

Player Valuation: £35m
Yes below I list plyers I would dearly love for them to be shown the exit door. I am not being sentimental either over years of service but am concerned in my view they are not upto the standard we need. Many will jump on me for this for sure so be it and I will end up on more ignore lists.

The players:-

Hibbert

Neville

Distin

Osman

Yobo

Yak

Saha

I know some will say they can still do a job well I can still eat my cheese as it is only one day from it's past use date does not mean it is that good. There will be cries of weakening the squad. I do not see it that way, to me it is casting adrift deadwood. When I see at the start of each of our games some of these players in the starting lineup or even on the bench, I shudder and dread the result.

I honestly think we will not be able to thoroughly progress until the manager stops using these players.

Id keep Neville for his professionalism, and Osman because he keeps up the atmosphere which evidentally was lost when Carsley left but the rest can go, well Distin does a job to be honest

I don't agree, but that's your opinion, fair dos. What I don't understand is why start this thread now. We know the club aren't looking to sell anyone to raise cash in the next two weeks because they've said so over and over again. It's the start of the season, this is our squad, we should be getting behind the players not undermining them like this, lets' at least wait till they've played a few competitive games before we start moaning about whos not good enough.

Yes below I list plyers I would dearly love for them to be shown the exit door. I am not being sentimental either over years of service but am concerned in my view they are not upto the standard we need. Many will jump on me for this for sure so be it and I will end up on more ignore lists.

The players:-

Hibbert

Neville

Distin

Osman

Yobo

Yak

Saha

I know some will say they can still do a job well I can still eat my cheese as it is only one day from it's past use date does not mean it is that good. There will be cries of weakening the squad. I do not see it that way, to me it is casting adrift deadwood. When I see at the start of each of our games some of these players in the starting lineup or even on the bench, I shudder and dread the result.

I honestly think we will not be able to thoroughly progress until the manager stops using these players.

Hibbert - Yes

Neville - No. Great captain, will be a manger or assistant manager soon.

Distin - Get rid. But no one will want him

Osman - Rock solid squad player. Class in the middle [Poor language removed] out wide. Keep

Yobo - Better than Distin but cant cover left back like Dustbin can

Yak - Still hasnt been given a chance IMO

Saha - Hasnt scored in 13 games. No one will want him. On his day, is class.

Getting rid of strikers is not the way forward, wont be able to replace them.

As for Hibbo, Yobo and Distin....wouldnt be arsed seeing them go. But it wont happen. Maybe Yobo.

Okay... seeing as we have no money, and I think we need another addition or two, I'd sell:

Hibbert - £4 million
Yobo - £5 million
Yakubu - £9 million
Osman - £6 million

There's £25 million ish. I'd then get in another CB, a right winger and a decent striker. That can be done for £25 million. Osman won't need replacing imo. We have plenty of capable central/defensive midfielders (Arteta, Felli, Rodwell, Heitinga and even Neville). Same with Hibbo -- loads of RB options.

All of this said, it's a bit too late now I think. It's okay saying "sell ____". Someone has to want to buy them. And there's not that much time left in the window.

We'll probably get a combined £10m for Yak and Saha (considering his age), and we'd then need to replace both of them. Unless for some reason you're 100% sure Beckford can lead the line for us?

Get rid of Hibbert, Neville, Distin and Yobo for another £10m, and let's just hope that Coleman, Jags, Heitinga and Baines can play 45-50 games a season without picking up any injuries or losing form, right?

None of them are perfect, but given our resources we have to get on with the squad that we have. An overhaul of the squad now would be suicidal.

We'll probably get a combined £10m for Yak and Saha (considering his age), and we'd then need to replace both of them. Unless for some reason you're 100% sure Beckford can lead the line for us?

Get rid of Hibbert, Neville, Distin and Yobo for another £10m, and let's just hope that Coleman, Jags, Heitinga and Baines can play 45-50 games a season without picking up any injuries or losing form, right?

None of them are perfect, but given our resources we have to get on with the squad that we have. An overhaul of the squad now would be suicidal.

Dis...

You CAN'T sell Saha and the Yak. You need one proven PL striker, at least. What if you sell them, and the replacement flops? Or at least takes time to settle in? Massive blow.

But you're wrong about the prices for the other 4. That's crazy. All experienced, proven PL Defenders. We paid £5 mil for Distin alone, and whatever you think of that, most media sources were saying it was a good buy. They're all worth around £5 million in my opinion.

and something Moyes has never done in just a single t/fer window. We need the squad we have-there'll be enough games for most of those mentioned over the season- Yak needs to get back into the side to prove whether he still has it-Saha needs to find his form and it just wasn't Ossies type of game yesterday and out of position again too. Hibbert I'd agree with but unfortuantely any small fee we might be able to attract would sign a very young prospect at best without a sniff of 1st team action. Yak and Yobo are the 2 most likely to leave over the others but can't see it until Jan at the earliest- Yak though as above I hope he can force his way into the side as we all know he is a beast in more ways than one on his day.

Yak is gone, maybe Yobo as well, im sure Sir David has replacements lined up.

Do you know what? I'm going to go with this. I'm going to assume it's happening, based on Moyes past movements in the window and his tendency to sell players and bring in more bang for the buck. I look forward to seeing our new signings excel for us.

*prays*

the only one's id consider getting shot of is yak (value for money/wages) and pienaar (if his only motive to play for us is money).

as for beckford leading our line ? well i dont think theres a striker in world who could have led our line effectively yesterday with the way we were playing.
by the time our midfeild had stopped passing it sideways and/or backwards the forward line had no space and were marked out.
our other outlet was our cb's hoofing longballs to either a lone striker (surrounded by 3 players - 2 cb's and a dcm) or to our wingers who are both about 5 foot tall (and were also tightly marked by 2 players)

and i agree , an overhaul of the squad isnt the right thing to do at this point. imo a good look at team selection and tactics is more needed.

the only one's id consider getting shot of is yak (value for money/wages) and pienaar (if his only motive to play for us is money).

as for beckford leading our line ? well i dont think theres a striker in world who could have led our line effectively yesterday with the way we were playing.
by the time our midfeild had stopped passing it sideways and/or backwards the forward line had no space and were marked out.
our other outlet was our cb's hoofing longballs to either a lone striker (surrounded by 3 players - 2 cb's and a dcm) or to our wingers who are both about 5 foot tall (and were also tightly marked by 2 players)

and i agree , an overhaul of the squad isnt the right thing to do at this point. imo a good look at team selection and tactics is more needed.

nutshell- good point well made +++++ thingy me do type stuff :D

We need everyone!!!!! Do you lot not remember last season and having loads of kids on the bench? I know our injury list was freakish but we do have several injury prone players and you only need one injury and one suspension in the same area of the squad and we would be on bare bones again.
Distin made a couple of howlers but is still a very good CB. Hibbo is EFC personified and can cover across the back 4. Neville is a huge plus for the club with his leadership and motivation. Osman offers decent cover across the midfield. Saha and Yak have their obvious problems but are still proven prem league goalscorers.
To do well across a season we need squad depth. Many pf the players in the list could be sacrificed but as we have no extra money we would just be swapping like for like. Keep a settled squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.