Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know if we go down financially it will cripple us plus any points fine whatever’s coming our way won’t help we will have to get rid of most the squad and potential of Everton going under I’m well aware of all that but it’s not the end of the world is it some of our weekends might be spent much happier and spending more time with family instead of wasting a day travelling to one end of the country to get pumped and sent home with our tail between our legs who knows might even be able to put 5 straight wins together that would be fun wouldn’t it 😁.

well you don’t have to do you….

I still think we're a chance to come straight back up if we do go down. Look at Fulham. They've been going up and down, for the last five seasons and had less than 30 points twice.
And Burnley have smashed it after losing most of their best players from last season.
I'm a bit worried about a possible points deduction after relegation, but I don't think that's been done before.
They wouldn't do it to Everton, would they?

I still think we're a chance to come straight back up if we do go down. Look at Fulham. They've been going up and down, for the last five seasons and had less than 30 points twice.
And Burnley have smashed it after losing most of their best players from last season.
I'm a bit worried about a possible points deduction after relegation, but I don't think that's been done before.
They wouldn't do it to Everton, would they?
The championship looks very competitive to me and im not convinced we would come straight back up - Pretty much all the championship teams have been in the PL at some point and so im more worried about a very slippery slope. I dont fancy our chances down in the Championship, especially not first season, relegation will cause even more chaos through the club. Probably a fire sale of players (if we can sell them...) and a few very tough years. Pray we stay up and we can kick on next season.

This is the timeline if we're relegated:
  • Year Zero (this season): Get relegated
  • Year 1 (Next season): The club is in shock, lots of instability, FFP and Board v Fans make it even more toxic. Finish lower-mid table in the the Campionato
  • Year 2: A much-reduced wage bill and fundamentally weaker squad made up of Champo/League One players, mostly sprightly youngsters makes a good start to the season, but starts struggling by late October. Dramatic downturn in fortunes leads to relegation to League One.
  • Year 3 - Year 6: Toiling in League One, one half decent season sees us flirting with promotion but to no avail.
  • Year 7: The ultimate humiliation - relegation to League Two!
  • Year 8: Ryan Reynolds ruthlessly dumps Wrexham and leads a consortium of Hollywood A-listers to buy Everton.
  • Year 9: A long-overdue Netflix documentary chronicles the club, which rapidly becomes a global TV hit due to the bizarre and comical content. Investment and a feel good factor propel the Blues to the League 2 play-offs and Everton get promoted as Play-off champs in a penalty shootout.
  • Year 10: Just miss out on promotion.
  • Year 11: Promoted to the Championship as League One Champions.
  • Year 12: Competitive with the top teams in the league.
  • Year 13: Widely-tipped to return to the Premier League with an energetic, talented young squad that play expansive, passing, attacking football. An investigation in to financial irregularities at the club is surprisingly announced in February while the Blues are 12 points clear at the top of the league. Everton win the league and promotion back to the Premier League!
  • Year 14: In the Summer before the start of the season, Everton are found guilty of massive financial fraud dating back to the pre-Hollywood takeover years, landed with a world-record fine and automatically relegated to League 2. Hollywood consortium sell the club to the Bill Kenwright Estate. Kenwright Estate purchases the club for £1 on a 99 year lease.

The championship looks very competitive to me and im not convinced we would come straight back up - Pretty much all the championship teams have been in the PL at some point and so im more worried about a very slippery slope. I dont fancy our chances down in the Championship, especially not first season, relegation will cause even more chaos through the club. Probably a fire sale of players (if we can sell them...) and a few very tough years. Pray we stay up and we can kick on next season.
The recent statistics about the Fulham and Burnley promotions suggest otherwise.

This is the timeline if we're relegated:
  • Year Zero (this season): Get relegated
  • Year 1 (Next season): The club is in shock, lots of instability, FFP and Board v Fans make it even more toxic. Finish lower-mid table in the the Campionato
  • Year 2: A much-reduced wage bill and fundamentally weaker squad made up of Champo/League One players, mostly sprightly youngsters makes a good start to the season, but starts struggling by late October. Dramatic downturn in fortunes leads to relegation to League One.
  • Year 3 - Year 6: Toiling in League One, one half decent season sees us flirting with promotion but to no avail.
  • Year 7: The ultimate humiliation - relegation to League Two!
  • Year 8: Ryan Reynolds ruthlessly dumps Wrexham and leads a consortium of Hollywood A-listers to buy Everton.
  • Year 9: A long-overdue Netflix documentary chronicles the club, which rapidly becomes a global TV hit due to the bizarre and comical content. Investment and a feel good factor propel the Blues to the League 2 play-offs and Everton get promoted as Play-off champs in a penalty shootout.
  • Year 10: Just miss out on promotion.
  • Year 11: Promoted to the Championship as League One Champions.
  • Year 12: Competitive with the top teams in the league.
  • Year 13: Widely-tipped to return to the Premier League with an energetic, talented young squad that play expansive, passing, attacking football. An investigation in to financial irregularities at the club is surprisingly announced in February while the Blues are 12 points clear at the top of the league. Everton win the league and promotion back to the Premier League!
  • Year 14: In the Summer before the start of the season, Everton are found guilty of massive financial fraud dating back to the pre-Hollywood takeover years, landed with a world-record fine and automatically relegated to League 2. Hollywood consortium sell the club to the Bill Kenwright Estate. Kenwright Estate purchases the club for £1 on a 99 year lease.

Mate you need to get some fresh air and go for a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.