Everton Youth Teams Thread

With the signing of James Garner it appears that Lewis Warrington will be allowed to go on loan. I’m not sure if it’s possible this window, 1/2 hour to go as I write , but perhaps more likely in January.

I also saw that Southampton picked up two more City youngsters today, this had been well signposted in recent days, brings them to four City youngsters brought in this window. It’s an interesting strategy , raiding the likes of City and Chelsea Academies , though they don’t come cheap. Saints have done it on the back of Joe Shields their head of senior recruitment who was one time head of City’s academy recruitment so knows who he’s buying.

Doesn't the window for the football leauge open longer when dealing with PL teams? Pretty sure it does.

Interesting, dont know much about his role at Tranmere. Hopefully not another role for and ex-blue although to be fair that's not been the experience with Thelwell so far.

Loan manager is a pretty perfect role for him given his experiences. Came through the academy, knows the lower leagues well from his career, and can speak to his experiences when guiding players.

Plus he's gone out, done a similar job elsewhere, so it's not "jobs for the roles" in the sense of just giving him a job. He's earned it, and he makes sense.

Good move!

….suspect this is lots to do with letting players know they are part of EFC. Vaughan will watch them and communicate regularly with them to ensure they are being looked after.

He’ll communicate performance to Brands.

i suspect he will build relations with certain clubs to channel future loan deals.

I’ve never been a believer of loans for Everton youngsters, but I’d be less resentful if there is a proper structure supporting a strong first team. Let’s not forget, many loanees will be in the shop window.