Everton Youth Teams Thread

Theyve snuck in Mallon being offered a new deal. Likely so Blackburn pony up
Of all our youth he is the one that I enjoyed every time I’ve seen him… but he never had the hype for some reason.. big strong quick killer cross… never understand our club.. if Kenny going means they have decided to keep him I’m happy.. but my hope for seeing youth come through is at an all time low..

We should release any player who has never played for the 1st team, and half of the players who have.

They are just a waste of money.

We can just move every one up a few years in their development, have the youngest squad in the league.

It will all sort itself out, as long as we sack all of our staff and hire better staff who transform the people we are going to sign in 3 years into world beaters.

The only problem is, those that move up from lower age groups then become squad players who also have never played for us, so we will have to preemptively release them as well.

Could get messy, but at least we will be proactively doing something.

UTFT

are you drunk, high or extremely stupid?

The interesting one for me, he's been 17 all year without a deal despite being a U23 regular and England youth player. Could be an offer to make sure we get compo if he leaves
Sometimes if their birthday is late as in Campbell’s case the pro offer and acceptance comes later too, Simms was the same. The advantage for Campbell is say if he was offered a 2 year deal last August on his birthday he would only have a year left now as they go July to July. A 2 year deal now gives him more time to achieve his next contract. I would like to think that this was mutually agreed and that we guaranteed someone of Campbell’s promise a pro contract early on……there again it is Everton.

Of all our youth he is the one that I enjoyed every time I’ve seen him… but he never had the hype for some reason.. big strong quick killer cross… never understand our club.. if Kenny going means they have decided to keep him I’m happy.. but my hope for seeing youth come through is at an all time low..

we've literally just had a season with most talented youth player since barkley establish himself in the 1st team.

We just keep moving them up, the younger the better.

But if they've never played for the 1st team, that's a good enough indication they will never make it, so we release them as its pointless.

But the beauty is, you just move even younger ones up to replace them, it's very complex and scientific, but it's all about the cycle.

Trust the system, just not those who are in it, run it, or put it together.

But anyone below first team generally hasn't. Was making a joke.

We should release any player who has never played for the 1st team, and half of the players who have.

They are just a waste of money.

We can just move every one up a few years in their development, have the youngest squad in the league.

It will all sort itself out, as long as we sack all of our staff and hire better staff who transform the people we are going to sign in 3 years into world beaters.

The only problem is, those that move up from lower age groups then become squad players who also have never played for us, so we will have to preemptively release them as well.

Could get messy, but at least we will be proactively doing something.

UTFT
We need a squad of players to fulfill our under age fixtures just as the senior team needs a squad of players.
As with the senior team the under age team needs some experienced heads in there to help the young lads get established as they move up the age groups.

The club knows full well some of these lads will not make the grade but they will play a part in helping those who will and that more than justifies their wages.

Anthony Gordon will have played with and learned from players like this as he developed and he now probably has a value in excess of 40m.

Age for age I’d rather have the younger Mallon than Seb Quirk as our right back at u21s in the coming season , but hoping Roman Dixon pushes on to chain the RB spot .
I was sat in front of Mallons agent or mates/advisors at an FAYC game and it sounded like he was off at that point. I still imagine John or a version wing back Mills as starting rwb in a back 5 for 23s. Hoping Dixon can push on
Sometimes if their birthday is late as in Campbell’s case the pro offer and acceptance comes later too, Simms was the same. The advantage for Campbell is say if he was offered a 2 year deal last August on his birthday he would only have a year left now as they go July to July. A 2 year deal now gives him more time to achieve his next contract. I would like to think that this was mutually agreed and that we guaranteed someone of Campbell’s promise a pro contract early on……there again it is Everton.
Maybe but then I don't see why Campbell would want to delay it with his pedigree. Simms was a bit different as he had just been released by city

That list of yoofs being offered contracts means that there's a few others (thus far unnamed) that appear to have not been despite being out of contract... Looks like they've been released, at least according to Transmarkt: Hughes, Hagan, Kristensen, Garcia. Mind you, they include Gibson in that list, whereas he's still in negotiations.

That list of yoofs being offered contracts means that there's a few others (thus far unnamed) that appear to have not been despite being out of contract... Looks like they've been released, at least according to Transmarkt: Hughes, Hagan, Kristensen, Garcia. Mind you, they include Gibson in that list, whereas he's still in negotiations.
That looks right. We had 10 u23s out of contract and I was expecting a mass exodus , but we gave/ offered six new contracts to Joe Anderson, Jack Barrett, Liam Higgins, Mackenzie Hunt, Einar Iversen,Sean McAllister. Throw in Campbell getting his first contract and Pat Nash getting an extension and that about covers it so far .
Im a bit surprised by the numbers we've retained, I think that’s all last year‘s 2nd year Scholars now on pro contracts, non of them released which is unusual . Some of those offered new contracts have suffered injury , particularly Iversen , while he never looked like first team material he was starting to make his mark before his serious injury.

Hagan and Kristensen never really got a sniff at u23 level so no surprises there. Garcia had good moments but never really looked like doing much either.

Hughes is the interesting one for me. Often drifted out of games but his set piece delivery alone made him a pretty regular fixture under Unsworth. There's an easy comparison to make with Sigurdsson imo. Will be interesting to see if that dead ball ability will be enough to get him a pro career.

Hagan and Kristensen never really got a sniff at u23 level so no surprises there. Garcia had good moments but never really looked like doing much either.

Hughes is the interesting one for me. Often drifted out of games but his set piece delivery alone made him a pretty regular fixture under Unsworth. There's an easy comparison to make with Sigurdsson imo. Will be interesting to see if that dead ball ability will be enough to get him a pro career.
Liked watching Garcia played with an edge to his game another of our youngsters who suffered a bad injury then niggling ones