Everton Youth Teams Thread

Sherif shot blocked, Butterfield shot over the bar, Metcalfe shot,Plus Jones shot blocked are our only few chances it seems, Forest seem to be having the more shots, but 0-0 after 33mins

Given the U18s line-up today, the only regular I can come up with who was not listed for the U23s last night is Kyle John. I think he'd played in every game for the U23s this season up until last Friday, when he was missing vs The Foxes.

Of course, that could mean he's out injured.
From the Dobbin goal video it looked like we had three at the back for the U23s, Astley 6, Welch 5 and a number 4 who I can’t make out on the right. I don’t think it’s John but it’s a good shout , it’s hard to tell as he’s only in shot for a second or two. Other possibilities for right sided CBs ,Hagan, Kristensen, Tierney seem to be eliminated . Maybe Matt Mallon being given a chance at U23s? It seems like our new Director of Communications won’t be operating down at this level, so we may never know. Business as usual applies.

Last edited:

Yesterday Sheff Utd beat Peterborough 1-0 meaning for Everton u23s to go through to the next stage, they need Peterborough v Burnley 1pm on Friday to end level

TABLE - Top 2 go through

Sheff Utd 10 points from 6 games - GD Minus 1
Everton 9 points from 6 games - GD Minus 1
Peterborough 7 points from 5 games - GD Plus 2
Burnley 6 points from 5 games - GD Zero

Everton face Derby u18s with a 1pm ko
An Everton Win will move Everton from 7th to 4th, Derby are 5th 2points ahead and a win will also move them 4th

Everton u18s Team
Leban, Wright, Quintyne, Wilson, Campbell, Butterfield, Metcalfe, Barker, Djankpata, Lawrence, Okoronkwo
Subs Nash, Heath, Tierney, Jagne, Smikle-James