Everton Youth Teams Thread

The player that’s interested me for some time is Trevoh Chalobah , making his break through at Chelsea this season at 22 after various loan spells. It was anEngland u18/19 game where he played alongside our Morgan Feeney where he first caught my eye. He was , bigger, stronger , faster , more composed than Feeney. Same England team at 18 but different abilities and future paths and even with his ability it’s taken another 3/4 years to break through at Chelsea , though arguably it may have been sooner at another club.
This was my post in 2017...how things have come full circle on the forum:

I would be chuffed if we brought in Abraham as part of a deal for Lukaku (perhaps even Lewis Baker and Trevoh Chalobah as well). He wouldn't be in our first 11 but it adds to the Lookman and DCL young English attacking options. This helps us build a squad with massive potential.

I'd be very happy with a deal where we plunder Chelsea's best u21 players and use the lump sum to go and buy a top level forward in addition to boosting the squad

This was my post in 2017...how things have come full circle on the forum:

I would be chuffed if we brought in Abraham as part of a deal for Lukaku (perhaps even Lewis Baker and Trevoh Chalobah as well). He wouldn't be in our first 11 but it adds to the Lookman and DCL young English attacking options. This helps us build a squad with massive potential.

I'd be very happy with a deal where we plunder Chelsea's best u21 players and use the lump sum to go and buy a top level forward in addition to boosting the squad

You see how long it took for us to integrate the likes of DCL & Gordon inot this team in the past 4 years!

Absolutely no chance if we brought these lads in they would of progressed like they have (Abraham & Chalobah anyway)

You see how long it took for us to integrate the likes of DCL & Gordon inot this team in the past 4 years!

Absolutely no chance if we brought these lads in they would of progressed like they have (Abraham & Chalobah anyway)

They'd have made the team and started more games than they have in their careers so far.

Everton u23s play away to Burnley u23s in the final game of the group stage in the premier league cup Tonight at 7pm, and the game is NOT on Everton or Burnley's website, Everton with a win will be in the next round, there is a slim chance they could still go out,
---
While tomorrow the rearranged u18s game at Forest that was abandoned at Half Time not long ago, will kick off at Midday, Everton u18s in 9th have only won 1 in 7 in the u18s league which came against of all teams Man Utd, while Forest are now 2nd bottom after beating the previously 2nd bottom Newcastle in their last game

Everton u23s play away to Burnley u23s in the final game of the group stage in the premier league cup Tonight at 7pm, and the game is NOT on Everton or Burnley's website, Everton with a win will be in the next round, there is a slim chance they could still go out,
---
While tomorrow the rearranged u18s game at Forest that was abandoned at Half Time not long ago, will kick off at Midday, Everton u18s in 9th have only won 1 in 7 in the u18s league which came against of all teams Man Utd, while Forest are now 2nd bottom after beating the previously 2nd bottom Newcastle in their last game
Be interesting to see the team. Could be very makeshift. Campbell and Welch played Wednesday and Astley may be needed tomorrow. Joe Anderson vs the world.

Equally, with the 18s out of the youth cup now and several spots open in the 23s thanks to loan/first-team/injury, we should start to see a few of the 18s being moved up.
Yep, it’s usually about now when more players move up, U18s into the U23s , u16 into u18. I guess it will depend on how seriously we view the PL Cup. There must be some disappointment about the performance and results of the recent U23s and u18 games, hopefully somebody is planning for next season . It’s a big step up to U23s for the three schoolboys who were on the pitch at the end of the Youth Cup game , but Samuels-Smith looks like he’d make the transition ok and Sherif came off the bench in the last game so who knows.