Everton Youth Teams Thread

I see Joe Williams has joined Bristol City, with a bit of luck a Williams and walsh midfield could get them to the Premier league
A bit off topic but I thought this insight into Liam Walsh was a great analysis. Source was Scoutxd on Twitter . It seems they played 3-4-3-1 with Walsh in the middle of the four and it really suited him.
Liam Walsh(22) English deep lying playmaker that played next to Liam Kelly last season. Spent last season on loan at Coventry from Bristol City. Played a big part in Coventrys success last season and the style of play that Mark Robins installed. Has a great range of passing and can play 40/50 yard diagonal balls to wingbacks or through balls into the inside forwards and is one of if not the best passers in the league. Walsh has a very low centre of gravity and is very agile, this is particularly helpful when pressed by players and he can weave in and out of them and play a pass through to a forward. Despite his height he’s solid physically and protects the ball very well and is also strong in challenges. Technically Liam Walsh is superb and is a great deep crosser and is quality from dead ball situations. Walsh played a key part in Coventrys success last season being one of the most influential players in the syste

A bit off topic but I thought this insight into Liam Walsh was a great analysis. Source was Scoutxd on Twitter . It seems they played 3-4-3-1 with Walsh in the middle of the four and it really suited him.
Liam Walsh(22) English deep lying playmaker that played next to Liam Kelly last season. Spent last season on loan at Coventry from Bristol City. Played a big part in Coventrys success last season and the style of play that Mark Robins installed. Has a great range of passing and can play 40/50 yard diagonal balls to wingbacks or through balls into the inside forwards and is one of if not the best passers in the league. Walsh has a very low centre of gravity and is very agile, this is particularly helpful when pressed by players and he can weave in and out of them and play a pass through to a forward. Despite his height he’s solid physically and protects the ball very well and is also strong in challenges. Technically Liam Walsh is superb and is a great deep crosser and is quality from dead ball situations. Walsh played a key part in Coventrys success last season being one of the most influential players in the syste

Had so much hope for Liam Walsh... Was as gutted he left probably more than any first teamer since Rooney. Having a good career, and can still have a great one !

Had so much hope for Liam Walsh... Was as gutted he left probably more than any first teamer since Rooney. Having a good career, and can still have a great one !

he's the type of player we desperately need in our midfield, shame sometimes can't hold on to these players until they're fully developed.
The one player of any recently I hoped we put a buy back clause into the deal.

I said a while ago, I believe we can honestly do worse than bringing him back. I was under the impression his contract with Bristol was up this summer or next, unless he signed an extension.

I said a while ago, I believe we can honestly do worse than bringing him back. I was under the impression his contract with Bristol was up this summer or next, unless he signed an extension.

Coming back for him would be a big step forward.. not like a failed return. I wouldn't mind him back.. maybe one more year of playing every game would get him ready... would be a great story

Do you think Gibson is premier league ready?

Ideal situation would be for Holgate / Mina / Gibson / Branthwaite to be our centre backs this season. That allows us to move Keane on who has 2 years on his contract and brings in £20mil+

bumping this as I also want to know the answer....if we had brought in a Gabriel I feel the club are giving a message to the kids that it’s a “not yet”... fact is they did try.

Ideal situation would be for Holgate / Mina / Gibson / Branthwaite to be our centre backs this season. That allows us to move Keane on who has 2 years on his contract and brings in £20mil+

This seems very unlikely. Might be possible they go with these 5 and Gibson covering left back (especially if they flip last season's 442/352 hybrid around, with a new rb and maybe Iwobi on the left). Loans and incomings seem like the plan though.
Keane will get minutes from the bench at least.

Well he scored more as a 1st year than Simms, I’m hoping that we’ll expose him to the U23s more than we did Simms so less goals at u18 . A January loan for Simms, and the younger strikers stepping up works for me.

Lewis Dobbin recently (http://www.secretscout.co.uk/academy-life-lewis-dobbin/) mentioned how hard he found the jump from 18s to 23s. It might be harder than some imagine, or it might just be down to the player.

Would be good to see Dobbin and Simms working well together. Simms needs to learn to use his size properly if he's going to make the step up, and Dobbin will need to read defences well as they become (much) more organised.

Probably as a 4th choice.

If Keane goes I think we will bring another one in.

Coming back for him would be a big step forward.. not like a failed return. I wouldn't mind him back.. maybe one more year of playing every game would get him ready... would be a great story
How many other 23 year old first division players should we sign ?

If he hadn't come through our academy would anybody suggest we sign him.
I wish him well but he isn't close to the quality we need.

How many other 23 year old first division players should we sign ?

If he hadn't come through our academy would anybody suggest we sign him.
I wish him well but he isn't close to the quality we need.

Currently still 22 and widely regarded as best player outside top 2 divisions last season.
If he has another good season I expect plenty of Premier league teams will have an interest

Lewis Dobbin recently (http://www.secretscout.co.uk/academy-life-lewis-dobbin/) mentioned how hard he found the jump from 18s to 23s. It might be harder than some imagine, or it might just be down to the player.

Would be good to see Dobbin and Simms working well together. Simms needs to learn to use his size properly if he's going to make the step up, and Dobbin will need to read defences well as they become (much) more organised.
It's definitely harder than most people seem to think. The continuous 'just throw this 16 year old lad in' shouts are just embarrassingly ill thought through. Players can have their development completely ruined by being exposed to a level of football they're not yet ready for, and yet even people who take an interest in the youth teams constantly call for it.