Everton Youth Teams Thread

Talks over a new contract for Lewis Gibson are set to continue as a host of clubs circle around the young defender.

The 19-year-old is entering the final six months of his deal at Everton and discussions have so far failed to reach a resolution.

Gibson, it is understood, is looking for assurances over his pathway at Goodison and that the delay in agreeing new terms is not based on money but the plan for his future at the club.
Gibson, meanwhile, is attracting interest from other League One clubs such as Rotherham and Ipswich who want to take him on loan from the remainder of the season but he's unlikely to accept a short-term switch unless his contractual situation is resolved.

The teenager has interest from Dutch sides including Feyenoord and AZ Alkmaar while clubs in Germany, and Scottish giants Celtic, have all keen on Gibson.

from Kirkbride.

Accies supporter here who watches plenty of our youth and reserve games and the boy Adedoyin had the worst attitude I have witnessed in 43 years of watching football.

A Billy Big Time who enraged seasoned professionals with his attitude,boasting about his earnings and a young guy who hid when it got physical which it does even in Scottish reserve football where he was frequently bullied by smaller,more streetwise Scottish kids of the same age.

He showed glimpses of talent...which is the problem as there is a player there who could have gained experience of SPL football if he had his head screwed on.The fact he wasn't even getting picked regularly for the reserves/youth was down solely to his attitude.

Jamie Hamilton-our 17 year old is another matter.A young lad who works hard at his game, who has played well when called upon and none more so than by having Jermain Defoe in his back pocket not so long ago.

This boy like the Accies supporting Lewis Smith will go as far as James McCarthy/James McArthur did in becoming Premiership regulars.

For me,James McCarthy has been played out of position since coming down South.He was a great box to box goalscoring midfielder up here as a kid who has been turned into a defensive midfielder stifling his attacking instincts.

The Evertonian supporting Sam Stubbs has been a great addition for us and will be a top player in a few years also.

Feel for you guys as I worked with plenty Evertonians over the years,here,there and everywhere and know a few of our fans who travel down 5-10 games a season.

The kid Adedoyin to me is symbolic of the overpaid [Poor language removed] in your first team who have let you guys down time and time again.

You all deserve better.
I must admit to a bit of scepticism when I read the first comments on Adeydoyin , we’ve seen these before with our young players, last season it was Beni Benigime who played only one game on loan at Wigan and was labelled Beni Bigtime, poor attitude etc by supposedly in the knows. Turns out he was injured after that one game.
You have the advantage of having watched him, so I’ll accept your words. Perhaps the most disappointing aspect is on the clubs reputation. Time and time again managers who have taken our youngsters on loan in England have praised the attitude of the players instilled into them by our coaches....” we know what we’ll get when we take an Everton player” was often said. It remains to be seen now if he gets the chance to play in our U23s and then takes it, otherwise his career at Everton ends 30thJune along with his contract.

Talks over a new contract for Lewis Gibson are set to continue as a host of clubs circle around the young defender.

The 19-year-old is entering the final six months of his deal at Everton and discussions have so far failed to reach a resolution.

Gibson, it is understood, is looking for assurances over his pathway at Goodison and that the delay in agreeing new terms is not based on money but the plan for his future at the club.
Gibson, meanwhile, is attracting interest from other League One clubs such as Rotherham and Ipswich who want to take him on loan from the remainder of the season but he's unlikely to accept a short-term switch unless his contractual situation is resolved.

The teenager has interest from Dutch sides including Feyenoord and AZ Alkmaar while clubs in Germany, and Scottish giants Celtic, have all keen on Gibson.

from Kirkbride.

All seems very strange to me.

Tell you what, he couldnt have done worse than the rest last night.

No doubt Ancelotti will be looking at the u23s now.

Another thing today highlighted was just how many young emerging talents they have across the park. Our academy has really struggled recently to produce anything, maybe Davies being the only one and he's hardly set the world alight.

Our Academy Director, Joel Waldron, is a young bloke with no credentials outside of Everton. Bit baffling how you can have a position that high without any experience.
I am not convinced that is completely accurate.
I was talking to a Liverpool supporter this morning and pointed out that the story was how bad we were not how good Liverpool played. Undoubtedly they have some talent there. But a lot of their stars from yesterday may struggle to ever again replicate that performance.

They are not world beaters in the competition they play in week in week out.

interesting view re that kid on loan in Scotland

then again it is everything what is wrong with football in the country, you're paying kids like this 2,3,4k a week when they haven't played a single minute of professional football in there life

many talented kids will just abuse the money they have and will have a major effect on there football career

I am not convinced that is completely accurate.
I was talking to a Liverpool supporter this morning and pointed out that the story was how bad we were not how good Liverpool played. Undoubtedly they have some talent there. But a lot of their stars from yesterday may struggle to ever again replicate that performance.

They are not world beaters in the competition they play in week in week out.

Most of their academy players yesterday won't make it at Liverpool guaranteed.

Accies supporter here who watches plenty of our youth and reserve games and the boy Adedoyin had the worst attitude I have witnessed in 43 years of watching football.

A Billy Big Time who enraged seasoned professionals with his attitude,boasting about his earnings and a young guy who hid when it got physical which it does even in Scottish reserve football where he was frequently bullied by smaller,more streetwise Scottish kids of the same age.

He showed glimpses of talent...which is the problem as there is a player there who could have gained experience of SPL football if he had his head screwed on.The fact he wasn't even getting picked regularly for the reserves/youth was down solely to his attitude.

Jamie Hamilton-our 17 year old is another matter.A young lad who works hard at his game, who has played well when called upon and none more so than by having Jermain Defoe in his back pocket not so long ago.

This boy like the Accies supporting Lewis Smith will go as far as James McCarthy/James McArthur did in becoming Premiership regulars.

For me,James McCarthy has been played out of position since coming down South.He was a great box to box goalscoring midfielder up here as a kid who has been turned into a defensive midfielder stifling his attacking instincts.

The Evertonian supporting Sam Stubbs has been a great addition for us and will be a top player in a few years also.

Feel for you guys as I worked with plenty Evertonians over the years,here,there and everywhere and know a few of our fans who travel down 5-10 games a season.

The kid Adedoyin to me is symbolic of the overpaid [Poor language removed] in your first team who have let you guys down time and time again.

You all deserve better.
He was just going round the pitch shouting out how much he earned so that you could hear him in the stands was he? Interesting.

Also James McCarthy was very, very, lucky we kept him as long as we did. He could hardly pass the ball five yards and his shooting was possibly the worst I've ever seen from a professional footballer. If he'd been used as an attacking midfielder here people would still be laughing at him now.

He was just going round the pitch shouting out how much he earned so that you could hear him in the stands was he? Interesting.

Also James McCarthy was very, very, lucky we kept him as long as we did. He could hardly pass the ball five yards and his shooting was possibly the worst I've ever seen from a professional footballer. If he'd been used as an attacking midfielder here people would still be laughing at him now.

Said from the start sending him to Scotland to play hatchet football on artificial pitches was a big mistake. Sure he probably needed introducing to hard mens football as he's a flair player but Christ, has the club ever watched the SPL let alone the bloody reserves. See better play when I go watch Barrow than when I stick the Scottish league on TV on a Saturday afternoon.

Can’t say I follow or have interest in Liverpool youngsters, but I’ve seen them at various times. Curtis Jones has always looked their best player in u18/u21 games against us, and was again last season when we beat them 2-0 but on the day hardly looked better than Nathan Broadbent.
Neco Williams I’ve seen playing for Wales U19s when watching out for Astley, and as an honest assessment never showed the same composure or skill he showed yesterday. He does strike the ball very cleanly and well , much like Alexander-Arnold, their coaches seem to develop this in their full backs.
I’d never heard of the left back, think commentator said he was a recent signing ( Metz.?) and there were a few others signed in by them. That’s been an area of disappointment the past 18 months under Brands, not one youngster brought in from outside (except Kean of course) . I was expecting him to have a dossier and network that would have brought in a few talented foreign players. Though I guess the counter argument is the foreign youngsters we’ve brought in over the years have barely made a mark.

Can’t say I follow or have interest in Liverpool youngsters, but I’ve seen them at various times. Curtis Jones has always looked their best player in u18/u21 games against us, and was again last season when we beat them 2-0 but on the day hardly looked better than Nathan Broadbent.
Neco Williams I’ve seen playing for Wales U19s when watching out for Astley, and as an honest assessment never showed the same composure or skill he showed yesterday. He does strike the ball very cleanly and well , much like Alexander-Arnold, their coaches seem to develop this in their full backs.
I’d never heard of the left back, think commentator said he was a recent signing ( Metz.?) and there were a few others signed in by them. That’s been an area of disappointment the past 18 months under Brands, not one youngster brought in from outside (except Kean of course) . I was expecting him to have a dossier and network that would have brought in a few talented foreign players. Though I guess the counter argument is the foreign youngsters we’ve brought in over the years have barely made a mark.

You’ll have seen Larouci before in one of last season’s derbies, maybe the last, as he absolutely tortured us.

I see on the OS that Callum Connolly has ended his loan at Lincoln and gone to Fleetwood Town for the rest of the season. Same League but Fleetwood are pushing for promotion, hopefully he's in Barton's first team plans.

EVERTON U23S TEAM

Tyrer, Foulds, Feeney, Ouzounidis, Astley, Markelo, Adeniran, Evans, John, Mampala, Simms,
Subs Defreitas-Hansen, Onyango, Iversen, Joe Anderson, Denny