Everton Youth Teams Thread

I saw somewhere that Lewis Gibson is returning to training. A big six months for him to make an impact and get a new contract, hopefully with us.

How does Astley seem to be doing?

Id have thought he and Gibson would be the central pairing by now.

Hamilton + Branthwaite linked so could be some outs / ins in the u23 centre backs

Another of our kids who suffered an injury during his two year Scholarship, but as you say looked decent scoring freely in tandem with Simms. The SPL is dismissed by many as a rubbish league , but like any league managers get sacked if they don’t perform and it’s a big step up and risk putting in an 18 year old who hasn’t played even U23s football. Even in Scotland promising 18 year olds are likely to go on loan to lower divisions.

Hi, I posted in another thread about Adedoyin

Accies have sent him packing at the earliest opportunity from what the fans understand due to him having a shocking attitude. He played once in the league cup and fans said his attitude then was disgraceful. There are murmurings that he got under the skin of players and staff by boasting about wages and lifestyle etc at Everton and wasn’t interested in playing for Accies

Accies have sent him packing at the earliest opportunity from what the fans understand due to him having a shocking attitude. He played once in the league cup and fans said his attitude then was disgraceful. There are murmurings that he got under the skin of players and staff by boasting about wages and lifestyle etc at Everton and wasn’t interested in playing for Accies
knew he played the one game in cup in Aug,but no idea if other stuff would be right or not

Whats Jamie Hamilton at Hamilton (lol) like? Weve been linked today and before in sept...

Whats Jamie Hamilton at Hamilton (lol) like? Weve been linked today and before in sept...

Excellent player for his age, held his own partnered up with Sam Stubbs. He can be quite naive in his play getting caught too close to strikers but he has great potential and the naivety will disappear in time. For a young boy thrown in at the deep end he hasn’t done much wrong and is rightly gaining attention. One for the future

Excellent player for his age, held his own partnered up with Sam Stubbs. He can be quite naive in his play getting caught too close to strikers but he has great potential and the naivety will disappear in time. For a young boy thrown in at the deep end he hasn’t done much wrong and is rightly gaining attention. One for the future

....is he tall, powerful, mobile and fast?

....is he tall, powerful, mobile and fast?

He is tall and lanky, he is 17 and needs to bulk up a bit but he is mobile and quite quick.
If you search his name on twitter, an accies fan has created a thread that tells you everything you need to know about the type of player he is and how well he is doing

Another thing today highlighted was just how many young emerging talents they have across the park. Our academy has really struggled recently to produce anything, maybe Davies being the only one and he's hardly set the world alight.

Our Academy Director, Joel Waldron, is a young bloke with no credentials outside of Everton. Bit baffling how you can have a position that high without any experience.

Accies supporter here who watches plenty of our youth and reserve games and the boy Adedoyin had the worst attitude I have witnessed in 43 years of watching football.

A Billy Big Time who enraged seasoned professionals with his attitude,boasting about his earnings and a young guy who hid when it got physical which it does even in Scottish reserve football where he was frequently bullied by smaller,more streetwise Scottish kids of the same age.

He showed glimpses of talent...which is the problem as there is a player there who could have gained experience of SPL football if he had his head screwed on.The fact he wasn't even getting picked regularly for the reserves/youth was down solely to his attitude.

Jamie Hamilton-our 17 year old is another matter.A young lad who works hard at his game, who has played well when called upon and none more so than by having Jermain Defoe in his back pocket not so long ago.

This boy like the Accies supporting Lewis Smith will go as far as James McCarthy/James McArthur did in becoming Premiership regulars.

For me,James McCarthy has been played out of position since coming down South.He was a great box to box goalscoring midfielder up here as a kid who has been turned into a defensive midfielder stifling his attacking instincts.

The Evertonian supporting Sam Stubbs has been a great addition for us and will be a top player in a few years also.

Feel for you guys as I worked with plenty Evertonians over the years,here,there and everywhere and know a few of our fans who travel down 5-10 games a season.

The kid Adedoyin to me is symbolic of the overpaid [Poor language removed] in your first team who have let you guys down time and time again.

You all deserve better.

I believe he has, but previous to being offically recalled was already training here sometimes as he wasn't getting any game time there.
Nope as i half thought hes not back yet,but any time soon by the sounds of it,and staying here 2nd part of the season if true

Last edited:
Every Saturday watching the results come in on Sky, fairly regularly goals are scored in league one and two by players that were at some time in our under age set up. The last player that came through from our youth set up and get playing in the first team is Tom Davies. Before him the last one was Barkley. We are a premier league team that produces only lower league quality players through our youth set up. We`ve bought several players to go straight into our U23 set up while they develop into premier league players yet none of them make the grade. Are too many players left for too long in the u23 side with the sniff of a first team appearance?

As our season has pretty much finished with our FA cup exit yesterday, is it time for to see if some of those guys that have starred for the U23 side the last couple of seasons a run of games in the first team? We try to solve our problems every transfer window with big money transfers that don't work long term. We need a goal scoring centre forward, why not see if Simms can do it in the first team as apposed to signing another Touson or Niasse on 4 year deals paying top wages, and then not being able to shift them when we discover how poor they are at this level. I`m sure there are one or two midfielders that could step up and show a bit more than the likes of Siggurdson and Sniderlin. We`ve bought enough over rated duds for way too much money in the last three windows, we don't need to add to it in a January window where prices are over inflated.