Everton Youth Teams Thread

That's going to give the young lads a lift in spirits.

Are you telling me Mr Dyche that we don't have any players in the youth team that can do a better job then Ashley Young???
To me if they have 2 legs and 2 arms they are better straight away.

Needs bining this clown
Pretty much anyone who's actually watched a decent amount of the u18s/21s agree with him. And anyone who knows anything about football recognises that our current position is not condusive to bringing thru youth players who aren't top prospects.

Remind me. They have also begun to start producing prodigious talents like Foden, Palmer, Bobb and Lewis. With more waiting in the wings. I understand its levels, but we need to grow organically. Keeping hold of them is, sadly another matter.

And they can get these top talents from any academy they want. If we had a Foden-level talent coming through he’d be taken off us long before he turned pro.

And they can get these top talents from any academy they want. If we had a Foden-level talent coming through he’d be taken off us long before he turned pro.
Ah well.......might aswell just pack in now ! 🤷‍♂️

Very little to be positive about apart from the stadium. Like having a massive house but being too skint to furnish it !

Local non league is where true football is nowadays anyway.

It seems a lifetime, but only yesterday, that I posted snippets of Dyche’s comments and his. “ There is no one I have seen so far who is ready to jump in there. “, which I generally agreed with . But the time has come for something. Is Jenson Metcalfe ready for the PL? Possibly not , but he’s got three weeks to get him up a level and let’s see if he can make it. Sure he’ll look lost at times but he’s the best of the bunch and scores goals from midfield, time for him to be coming on for Garner instead of Young as a minimum.

I’d say the same for Chermiti too, ramp up his development in the next three weeks , we’re at the stage where we can’t wait much longer for underperforming players to start scoring.

Remind me. They have also begun to start producing prodigious talents like Foden, Palmer, Bobb and Lewis. With more waiting in the wings. I understand its levels, but we need to grow organically. Keeping hold of them is, sadly another matter.
They sold Palmer to Chelsea and got a great fee for him, although they might be having seconds on that he is doing very well there, Inthink City also have the Doyle brothers on loan with clubs in the premier league and another player scoring a few for a club in the championship.

They sold Palmer to Chelsea and got a great fee for him, although they might be having seconds on that he is doing very well there, Inthink City also have the Doyle brothers on loan with clubs in the premier league and another player scoring a few for a club in the championship.
Yup. And McAtee too. Point is they've continued to grow young talent despite being loaded.

It seems a lifetime, but only yesterday, that I posted snippets of Dyche’s comments and his. “ There is no one I have seen so far who is ready to jump in there. “, which I generally agreed with . But the time has come for something. Is Jenson Metcalfe ready for the PL? Possibly not , but he’s got three weeks to get him up a level and let’s see if he can make it. Sure he’ll look lost at times but he’s the best of the bunch and scores goals from midfield, time for him to be coming on for Garner instead of Young as a minimum.

I’d say the same for Chermiti too, ramp up his development in the next three weeks , we’re at the stage where we can’t wait much longer for underperforming players to start scoring.
I would take kouyate as well bit of a wild card of the bench , I know he is raw but has something a bit different about him..

What are people seeing in kouyate that I'm not? He's regularly anonymous at u21 level.
Me too, I’m not sure if Kouyate is a wide player or striker, a few powerful, raw runs , but for me no regular end product, if you haven’t got composure at u21 you’re unlikely to find it by being promoted to PL level.
It’s all about opinions of course, people see different things, and that adds to the debate. I see Warrington as a neat , tidy , buzzing about League 1 player. Certainly no better than Liam Walsh or Joe Williams in their day.
I don’t think I’m being unduly harsh , so very few even get PL mins with us that you instinctively set a high bar for these youngsters.