Everton Youth Teams Thread

There a bit on Dyche’s views on our youngsters in the Echo today . There’s a lot of frustration around Dyche particularly when we’re not winning, but I have to say he’s right on this :

“ the Blues boss was asked whether he had seen any youngsters he believed were currently good enough to help a squad that has gone winless in 10 league games.

He said: “No, because if they were they would be playing. That is a really simple equation. If there was an 18-year-old here who I thought was good enough to play in the first team, he would be playing. There is no one I have seen so far who is ready to jump in there. “
On the one hand he's probably right in that no one is ready to step up but on the other it would be pretty hard for a youngster (Dobbin) to do worse than our wingers do most weeks. He has his set 11 at this point and will play it religiously

That's going to give the young lads a lift in spirits.

Are you telling me Mr Dyche that we don't have any players in the youth team that can do a better job then Ashley Young???
To me if they have 2 legs and 2 arms they are better straight away.

Needs bining this clown
Id agree there are are no standouts as such but there are a couple of lads who have a bit about them, this just smacks of Dyche and his lack of coaching ability and that he can't be bothered even trying to nurture them through as he would rather have a bit of good old PL experience instead.
I would be interested to know if Thelwell thinks the same and agrees with Dyche on this, he has been here long enough now and changed things in the youth setup that it's a poor reflection on him and the other staff if they think there is nothing there.

Let's face it with Dyche, he started the season playing Michael Keane at centre half over Branthwaite, that alone tells you Dyche does not have a clue when it comes to talent.

He was forced to put Branthwaite in the team, as Keane was costing us so many goals and points

It's harsh but it's true, our academy is shocking, if it was actually maintained a bit more the past 8 years we'd not have these financial issues.

….i’m sure Dyche would love nothing better than to have one or two diamonds on the conveyor belt. The situation is what it is.

How many minutes has dobbin got since his goal vs Chelsea?
While mcneil, Harrison etc stink the gaff out and look wrecked every week