Everton Youth Teams Thread

Did you see how many youngsters the spawn took on in a cup final today....

It would make you sick just how far we are behind in something so important as a youth setup
I never bother watching the RS, but it is sad how poor our whole set up is. It’s not much of a consolation but the likes of Dobbin, Mills etc only have to be of decent mid PL standard to make it with us , that’s our current aspirations ☹️. With the RS they’ll have to be of CL standard to still be with them in a couple of years, then they make a fortune selling them on to the likes of Bournemouth and Sheff Utd. Sigh, it’s a miserable time all round, even one Academy player emerging , giving us some optimism would be good.

I never bother watching the RS, but it is sad how poor our whole set up is. It’s not much of a consolation but the likes of Dobbin, Mills etc only have to be of decent mid PL standard to make it with us , that’s our current aspirations ☹️. With the RS they’ll have to be of CL standard to still be with them in a couple of years, then they make a fortune selling them on to the likes of Bournemouth and Sheff Utd. Sigh, it’s a miserable time all round, even one Academy player emerging , giving us some optimism would be good.

….hasn’t Thelwell made changes to the Academy since he came in? Seem to think he’s changed personnel in key roles but I might have that wrong. I suppose it takes time to affect change in that area.

….hasn’t Thelwell made changes to the Academy since he came in? Seem to think he’s changed personnel in key roles but I might have that wrong. I suppose it takes time to affect change in that area.
Needs to change them Yes men, along side the manager,
seem to do a lot of talking pitchside, but nothing seems to happen.

They could be that standard or CL standard and still not make it at us given how much our manager trusts youth vs that lot do. It's all well and good that Jayden Danns wouldn't get in our 21s side but he was trusted in an actual cup final. Dyche still picks 2 keepers over kids and would rather a 38 year old Young ham-fisted into 6 different positions than try a kid.

Did you see how many youngsters the spawn took on in a cup final today....

It would make you sick just how far we are behind in something so important as a youth setup
The best thing for an academy or a youth set up can usually be something as basic as the team being in Europe!

It provides opportunity, especially for the likes of the reds who can coast through the European Super Bit Of A Laugh Cup!

Most young lads get there opportunity through the lesser European Cups & show themselves as more of an option for the 1st team that way!

In our current state! Rightly or wrongly you could kill a young player by throwing them into these battling games!

You look at anyone who has come through our acadamy/youth system, it usually stems down to starting a few games in Europe mainly

Calvert Lewin/Davies/Kenny etc got game time in the 2017/18 campaign (even Antony Gordon got his debut that year)

Go furthar back to your Rodwells, Anichebes, Vaughans, Baxters, Wallace etc......all got game time over that period of Europa League football under Moyes