Everton Youth Teams Thread

Oh I read it as England U18's and U21's lol my bad.

From the little I saw of him for the U18's he looks like a decent, steady midfielder. Quite similar to your McAllister's.
Fair enough no problem, I doubt if McAllister will be coming back after his loan spell with Duncan Ferguson’s team up in Scotland, I think his contract was up this summer.

…agree, he’s a fabulous runner. I think a few have commented about his lack of quality but the first time I saw him I liked him because of his movement.

Yep and I think he jumped the queue quite early above a couple of others who were also struggling with injuries at the time.

He's 19 so I guess we are heading into the sink or swim territory and either a) get him a loan move or b) get him in and around the first team squad.

There's definitely something to work there with him that's for sure.

Yep and I think he jumped the queue quite early above a couple of others who were also struggling with injuries at the time.

He's 19 so I guess we are heading into the sink or swim territory and either a) get him a loan move or b) get him in and around the first team squad.

There's definitely something to work there with him that's for sure.

….my concern is that hasn’t already happened, especially given the weakness in the position and Dyche realistically suggesting there’s nobody ready to step up.

….my concern is that hasn’t already happened, especially given the weakness in the position and Dyche realistically suggesting there’s nobody ready to step up.
I get the feeling that Dyche just doesn't have any time for the PL2 at all and wants to see young players with league games under their belts.

….really? I was very encouraged to at least see Dyche attending PL2 games. I’m sure he’d love have somebody with the quality to step-up.
Just a feeling really and maybe backed up by the fact that he's only played young players who've had league experience (so far) in Dobbin, Onyango and Warrington.

….2 19 year olds established in Man Utd first team scored in yesterdays FA Cup final. It’s not a definitive age for a breakthrough but it’s an indication that very talented youngsters tend to come through in their teens.

The likes of Leon Osman contradicts the theme, breaking into the first team at 23 but having watched him come through the ranks, it wasn’t that he was a late developer (he was always a little maestro footballer), more that he was out injured for over 12 months after starring in the team that won the FA Youth Cup.

An interesting one.

Last edited: