Everton Youth Teams Thread

Anyone have any idea how strong an XI this is for Athletic Club?
They all looked quite young but when I checked, most of them were around 20 years old and regulars in the B team (effectively U21s) that is top of the Segunda Group 2 regional league (equivalent to 4th tier). They had won their last 8 matches.

I thought they improved considerably when the subs (who were all younger players) came on. The impressive no. 17, Gift is only 17 years old and was apparently previously with the RS.

By necessity, Athletic Club have one of the best youth academies in Spain as they only play local players so to beat them is a decent result.
Screenshot_20231122_211517_Flashscore.jpg

They all looked quite young but when I checked, most of them were around 20 years old and regulars in the B team (effectively U21s) that is top of the Segunda Group 2 regional league (equivalent to 4th tier). They had won their last 8 matches.

I thought they improved considerably when the subs (who were all younger players) came on. The impressive no. 17, Gift is only 17 years old and was apparently previously with the RS.

By necessity, Athletic Club have one of the best youth academies in Spain as they only play local players so to beat them is a decent result. View attachment 236293
In this competition all the foreign teams play their matches away from home. Over the years they’ve taken the approach that it’s a good opportunity to give their best youngsters experience of playing abroad . Whereas we take a different approach.

Seems to be getting a lot praise metcalfe,
Had a a bad injury a couple of years ago, which would have held him back for a while

Was on this list 2 years ago before the injury. The next 18 months will be an interesting one for him. I very much doubt he will be anywhere near the first team in that time, you are talking about at least 2 loan spells before he would even get thought of by Dyche (that's not a slight on Dyche, more of how hard it is to get to that very top), even then the 2nd loan would need to be a very reputable one like Branthwaites at PSV

Dixon, McAllister , Metcalfe, Hunt training with the first team this week. I would think one will be on the bench on Sunday to provide cover. I’d go for Metcalfe. it’s unlikely that any of them will get minutes , but he could fill a bench gap for cover for Garner/ Guye , although of course we could just go for Lonergan/ Virginia both on the bench with Godfrey covering midfield 🤷‍♂️

Everton play their final u18s Premier League Cup group game home to Peterborough with a 1pm ko. Everton need a big win and Man City to lose to win the group - That is 1-0 to Man City at HT (goal on 38) - (11.30am ko). Otherwise to go through as the best 2nd placed team via all the groups - Everton with a win need the Like's of Brighton & West Ham to not win to stand a chance (Both those games are 11am ko's and W/H lead 4-1/Other is 3-2 to Leicester) - so as you can see todays game is near enough meaning nothing in terms of getting through the next round bar a turnaround in City game

Everton u18s Team

Pickford, Odin Samuels-Smith, Finney, Thomas, Bates, Butler, Foster, Beautmont-Clark, Catesby, Morgan, Sherif
Subs Lukjanciks, Wren, Van Schoor, Stewart, Lambert

Everton play their final u18s Premier League Cup group game home to Peterborough with a 1pm ko. Everton need a big win and Man City to lose to win the group - That is 1-0 to Man City at HT (goal on 38) - (11.30am ko). Otherwise to go through as the best 2nd placed team via all the groups - Everton with a win need the Like's of Brighton & West Ham to not win to stand a chance (Both those games are 11am ko's and W/H lead 4-1/Other is 3-2 to Leicester) - so as you can see todays game is near enough meaning nothing in terms of getting through the next round bar a turnaround in City game

Everton u18s Team

Pickford, Odin Samuels-Smith, Finney, Thomas, Bates, Butler, Foster, Beautmont-Clark, Catesby, Morgan, Sherif
Subs Lukjanciks, Wren, Van Schoor, Stewart, Lambert
Rocco Lambert another new name on a bench of schoolboys plus JVS