Everton Youth Teams Thread

Yeah, but you almost forget Thelwell’s there because it feels like those changes are only on paper - there’s no end result apparent yet. I hope he succeeds too but I think it needs Dyche to back him and push for more change too. Maybe by asking for the Richarlison/Gordon cash to be spent on players 😉
It's academy level. There's not going to be visible end results for years and even then will be impacted by things completely out of its control regardless

It's academy level. There's not going to be visible end results for years and even then will be impacted by things completely out of its control regardless
Yeah, I get that and I agree we’re not going to see the complete structural change needed for a good few years. But it’s still the case that we need to be scouting at every level and we haven’t exactly seen a huge influx of new blood in any age group. That’s the first required end result - new players coming - and that can be judged from here on out.

I was intrigued by a click bait headline of “ Dyche could unearth his very own Busquets in teenager at Finch Farm “
It turned out to be the very talented Jenson Metcalfe who suffered a horrible ACL injury last season. The article is pretty short on substance given that Metcalfe has only played a few games since his return but he’s certainly one of the best of our 2nd year Scholars who’s hopefully got a bright future ahead of him.

I was intrigued by a click bait headline of “ Dyche could unearth his very own Busquets in teenager at Finch Farm “
It turned out to be the very talented Jensen Metcalfe who suffered a horrible ACL injury last season. The article is pretty short on substance given that Metcalfe has only played a few games since his return but he’s certainly one of the best of our 2nd year Scholars who’s hopefully got a bright future ahead of him.

Baffled how that guy even thought to write that article lol seems like they've just read the OS's player profiles and noticed he likes Busquets.

Looks like ISS started all 3 qualifying games for England U17s, and looks like he'll be going to the upcoming Euros with them
ISS was captain in the final game against the Netherlands. Wales u17s also qualified , we had two u16s in the squad, George Morgan and Aled Thomas , I’m not sure either started a game but Morgan was certainly on the pitch for a couple of games.