Everton Youth Teams Thread

We did but maybe that's because we left it too late to actually try shift them.

….both were on season after season loans. Clubs in the top leagues aren’t interested & clubs in the lower leagues struggle to get near their wages so we were stuck.

i have to say, I’m a little surprised at this deal but good on him and his representatives for securing it.

….both were on season after season loans. Clubs in the top leagues aren’t interested & clubs in the lower leagues struggle to get near their wages so we were stuck.

i have to say, I’m a little surprised at this deal but good on him and his representatives for securing it.
Im thinking this is more Thelwell’s strategy rather than an agents . Though they will inevitably be seeking the best deal for their clients I think Thelwell is sending the message out to our existing , and hopefully future youngsters , that we are a club where if we believe you are good enough we will look after you. I would still put Welch behind Branthwaite and Samuels-Smith in a comparison at similar ages , so it’s hard to think we are going to get all three coming through . Hopefully though all three could develop even further, who knows , and at worse case we get some money in from transfers.

Im thinking this is more Thelwell’s strategy rather than an agents . Though they will inevitably be seeking the best deal for their clients I think Thelwell is sending the message out to our existing , and hopefully future youngsters , that we are a club where if we believe you are good enough we will look after you. I would still put Welch behind Branthwaite and Samuels-Smith in a comparison at similar ages , so it’s hard to think we are going to get all three coming through . Hopefully though all three could develop even further, who knows , and at worse case we get some money in from transfers.

…I highlighted him a few years ago during the decent FA Youth Cup when he was terrific when we knocked out City & Chelsea but he’s really lacked for attitude when I’ve watched him in recent times. He just doesn’t defend and seems to lack attitude and application.

Welch has great physicality, so perhaps they think they can work on him.

i think you’re right, these lengthy contracts are Thelwell strategy.

…well that could be the strategy as long as a club wants them. We struggled to move the likes of Pennington and Garbutt on. 4 year contract will set a youngster up very nicely.
Pennington was 23 and Garbutt was 22 when those deals were signed. Both not really relevant to our strategy on contract length for teenagers like Welch who doesn't turn 20 till next season and metcalfe who won't turn 20 till 2024

Here is the Everton u21s team for the 2nd EFL Trophy game at Harrogate Town - Harrogate make 9 changes & Everton 3 , kick off is 7pm, Game is Live to Everton members or via buying a pass on Harrogate, or via any good IPTV

1664904680047.png