Everton Youth Teams Thread

He looked about 5 ft 6. He might grow, but honestly just way too small.

Harry Tyrer has always looked ok. We had a lad from City too we signed who looked ok. Mist be about 18/19 now.
That would be Jak Stewart , always looked about 4 ins taller than Nash . He’s been released too, at one time Blackburn were interested in him, not sure if he’s going there.

That’s it, his distribution was great and very eye catching but ultimately, keepers have to keep it out the net by any means and his shot stopping was below average.

He’s been over hyped by the people he was working with and we’ve gave him a chance due to the keepers we already had not being good enough but he wasn’t the answer. I’m not exactly sure how long he was here but I think it’s only about 6 months and we’ve quickly decided he’s not for us.

…I only saw him once and he looked nowhere good enough.

Samuel Smith and Emelik Lawrence have rejected U16 contracts and are being lined up by City / Chelsea etc.

Our academy is being looted. This is an consequence of Brexit and clubs not being allowed to sign U18 players from abroad.

The big s as cadences are looking to hoover up all the local talent now.

Producing good youngsters is going to get even harder because we can’t keep hold of the talent.

The Club have updated our u18 players and Ishe Samuels - Smith is included with a number 3 !!
There’s no Emilio Lawrence though . This is as “ official “ as we get until we see a formal “ meet the scholars . Brilliant news if it means ISS has signed a scholarship.

The other new Scholars included are all names that appeared in our u18 squad last season , not all got playing minutes though
Seb Jensen , goalkeeper
Defenders
Ishe Samuels - Smith
Daniel Maher,
Jack Butler

Midfielders
Matthew Apter
Callum Bates

Forwards.
Jacob Beaumont - Clark
Coby Ebere
Martin Sherif

The other one missing is goalkeeper George Pickford, I’m not sure though if he’s only 15 and therefore remaining with the u16s

Last edited:
Not sure I would read too much into this, Matthew Mallon is not included in either age group, and Nathan Broadhead is included with the under 21s.

Not sure I would read too much into this, Matthew Mallon is not included in either age group, and Nathan Broadhead is included with the under 21s.
Yeah, this is Everton , getting communications right or even doing it at all is not a strong point.

They tidied up the u21s last week , removing those that have left . At that time Mallon was in the u18s only . I’m not sure when they did the u18 update, I was just checking Big Dunc’s message and noticed it . They’ve moved all the “ old” u 18s out of the list and also removed Pat Nash . They’re clearly not making up the names as they’re recognised u16s from last season.

The Club have updated our u18 players and Ishe Samuels - Smith is included with a number 3 !!
There’s no Emilio Lawrence though . This is as “ official “ as we get until we see a formal “ meet the scholars . Brilliant news if it means ISS has signed a scholarship.

The other new Scholars included are all names that appeared in our u18 squad last season , not all got playing minutes though
Seb Jensen , goalkeeper
Defenders
Ishe Samuels - Smith
Daniel Maher,
Jack Butler

Midfielders
Matthew Apter
Callum Bates

Forwards.
Jacob Beaumont - Clark
Coby Ebere
Martin Sherif

The other one missing is goalkeeper George Pickford, I’m not sure though if he’s only 15 and therefore remaining with the u16s
Think you've got it you know. Both Samuels-Smith brothers feature in Sherifs Insta Story at FF

Pretty sure his brother was a U16 last season, so presumably got a scholarship and will go into U18s this season.
There’s only one Samuels-Smith down in the u18s so far . I remember a couple of years ago seeing an u13/14 team sheet with two Samuels -Smith on it, Ishe as a defender the other was a forward . I’ve been racking my brain, I think his name was Odin or something similar , but I don’t believe they were twins so possibly he’s in a different year.

There’s only one Samuels-Smith down in the u18s so far . I remember a couple of years ago seeing an u13/14 team sheet with two Samuels -Smith on it, Ishe as a defender the other was a forward . I’ve been racking my brain, I think his name was Odin or something similar , but I don’t believe they were twins so possibly he’s in a different year.
Can't believe that, Thor leaves and Odin signs. Where's Loki?

Samuel Smith and Emelik Lawrence have rejected U16 contracts and are being lined up by City / Chelsea etc.

Our academy is being looted. This is an consequence of Brexit and clubs not being allowed to sign U18 players from abroad.

The big s as cadences are looking to hoover up all the local talent now.

Producing good youngsters is going to get even harder because we can’t keep hold of the talent.