Everton Youth Teams Thread

Luuk Kluiters has confirmed on his Instagram that he had agreed to sign for Everton from AZ Alkmaar, but he could not get a work permit. He has instead signed for Lille. https://t.co/mLtS01vfww
Shame , but I guess we learned the lesson from Henry Onyekuru of the perils of signing someone , putting them on loan abroad and hoping for a work permit.
It does beg the question of why we didn’t suss out the work permit stuff first and have it confirmed before allowing our interest to go public.

Shame , but I guess we learned the lesson from Henry Onyekuru of the perils of signing someone , putting them on loan abroad and hoping for a work permit.
It does beg the question of why we didn’t suss out the work permit stuff first and have it confirmed before allowing our interest to go public.
Definitely I know Brexit has mudded the water some what but agree regarding the work permit

Brexit…. That’s why every other ambitious England academy such as Leeds, United, Brighton, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa etc are hoovering up the best players from other cat 1 and 2 clubs. It’s not as easy to go to Europe now.

We’re not hunting any more, we’re the hunted hence why we lost Small.

We genuinely haven’t got that many players other clubs will want now.

Brexit…. That’s why every other ambitious England academy such as Leeds, United, Brighton, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa etc are hoovering up the best players from other cat 1 and 2 clubs. It’s not as easy to go to Europe now.

We’re not hunting any more, we’re the hunted hence why we lost Small.

We genuinely haven’t got that many players other clubs will want now.
To, checks the paper, the mighty Southampton. He was just badly advised

Club need to step up academy recruitment in my opinion across all age groups, just one everton player with england, Welch with 19s.

Agree with the idea we need to up our recruitment game because we absolutely do but I wouldn't use the England U17 as any sort of benchmark for where the academy is at really. If you were to go back and look very very few ever become top flight footballers much less stars

Club need to step up academy recruitment in my opinion across all age groups, just one everton player with england, Welch with 19s.

Just to shed some light on where Emilio Lawrence is in relation to people expecting him to play in the first team this year.

I like Emilio, he’s a very good player but that’s the first proper England squad for his age group, all the others have been squads where they’re just looking at players but this is their first tournament and Emilio never made it.

No Everton players did and probably none even got close.