Everton Youth Teams Thread

still 16 and playing in u23.. that is a proper indicator
So did Ledson though didn’t he..

2. plays for age appropriate national team - tick innit?
3. Makes first team squad while a teen - time on his side.

repeated those many times over the years and hasn’t let me down.. Small is on track.. so is Onyango
Yeh i think ledson and Kenny were playing for the u23s at 15. Was maybe u21 back then though

still 16 and playing in u23.. that is a proper indicator
So did Ledson though didn’t he..

2. plays for age appropriate national team - tick innit?
3. Makes first team squad while a teen - time on his side.

repeated those many times over the years and hasn’t let me down.. Small is on track.. so is Onyango

Yes all true. I'm not sure if Small has played often for the 23's though.

struggling to find proof of Small in the England set up somewhere.. :oops:
He was with England u15s at one time , we seemed to have a few with him back then Romaine xxxxx who doesn’t seem to have made it , Isaac Price who I believe switched to N Ireland , Muhammad Ali Cho who went back to France. Welch was in the year above him . Both Small and Goalkeeper Jak Stewart were called up for an England u17 squad last month which was subsequently cancelled.
I too would struggle to prove any of that it’s from memory, I think it’s right though :)

Regarding Small’s size , when I first saw clips of him back in February I described him as being built like a middle weight boxer . He seemed to me like Kenny Samson whom I saw at Goodison at a similar age in the Fa Youth Cup final for Palace then. 9 months later he appears to me to have grown in height , still well built but not as squat as I first thought. As far as I can tell he’s not as tall as Welch or Eli Campbell our first year CBs who are 6 ft plus but you would say approaching 5ft 8- 10 ish and at 16 likely still growing. It appears that his physique and height are in his favour.

He was with England u15s at one time , we seemed to have a few with him back then Romaine xxxxx who doesn’t seem to have made it , Isaac Price who I believe switched to N Ireland , Muhammad Ali Cho who went back to France. Welch was in the year above him . Both Small and Goalkeeper Jak Stewart were called up for an England u17 squad last month which was subsequently cancelled.
I too would struggle to prove any of that it’s from memory, I think it’s right though :)

Think we have a lad called Owen Barker with that group, who also was selected for England.

Think we have a lad called Owen Barker with that group, who also was selected for England.
Yes indeed, I’ve got him on a list with Romain Quintyne who was the name I was trying to remember plus two others who I know have featured for England u16 this year. Sometimes the different age dates of Jan 1st for International age and 1st September for Scholar age mean players play internationally together but end up in different Scholar years e.g Welch and Onyango/ Dobbin . It’ll be interesting to see if those names make next years Scholar list or appear at u18 before then.

Yes indeed, I’ve got him on a list with Romain Quintyne who was the name I was trying to remember plus two others who I know have featured for England u16 this year. Sometimes the different age dates of Jan 1st for International age and 1st September for Scholar age mean players play internationally together but end up in different Scholar years e.g Welch and Onyango/ Dobbin . It’ll be interesting to see if those names make next years Scholar list or appear at u18 before then.

Lawrence is another name in that age, I think. Also selected to the same England camps.

Barker i'm lead to beleive has been given a Scholarship now.

That Muhammad Ali Cho has now made 6 appearances in Ligue 1 as a 16 year old for a decent Angers side