Everton Youth Teams Thread

To be fair, I think theoretically they are set up like the first team (4-3-3 in attack, 4-5-1 when they lose the ball). It's just that they lack a) the ability and/or confidence to pass through a press and b) defensive discipline shown by the first team midfielders and wide players against a quick counter-attack.

And, with the best will in the world, Pennington and Anderson are not going to transform into U23 versions of Digne and Coleman.
I think that’s it in a nut shell. If Bowler was playing alongside Simms and Broadhead it would be more easily defined. Over the last few games Iversesn and Onyango have been pressing forward but they’re hardly Richarlison/ James , and at times the roles switch around so that only the 1 -5-4 formulation is easily identifiable.
It was hard to take too much out of last night for us player wise,my first glimpse of United‘s Joe Hugill who's highly rated.

Balagizi hit bar for Liverpool on 9mins
but they now lead on 14mins - Frauendorf the scorer- right foot shot from the left into the bottom corner

now 2-0 on 16mins- welch OG

Last edited:

Now 3-0 on 40mins Jonas-right foot shot into bottom corner - remember we lost 6-1 home last time we played these-welch also scored unlucky OG that game
4-0 ON 45MINS - Woltman

HT 4-0 down

McAlister headed saved for Everton on 25mins
Dobbin shot saved on 35mins
Kristensen header over on 42mins

Last edited:

....very disappointing, doesn’t look like we’ll be having a run in this seasons FA Youth Cup.
Everton dont begin the FA Youth cup till mid December in 3rd round, They find out late November who we play, or did i miss something somewhere lol

THE FA YOUTH CUP ROUND DATES SEASON 2020-2021

Qualifying Competition – Ties must only be played in the week commencing:

Preliminary Round Monday 7 September 2020
First Round Qualifying Monday 21 September 2020
Second Round Qualifying Monday 5 October 2020
Third Round Qualifying Monday 19 October 2020

Competition Proper – Ties to be played by the closing date:

First Round Proper Saturday 7 November 2020
Second Round Proper Saturday 21 November 2020
Third Round Proper Saturday 12 December 2020
Fourth Round Proper Saturday 16 January 2021

Fifth Round Proper Saturday 6 February 2021
Sixth Round Proper Saturday 27 February 2021
Semi Final Saturday 20 March 2021
Final Saturday 24 April 2021

Watching the 15min highlights of that u18s game, the 4 -0 at HT actually seems lucky it was only that, could have been 7 or 8, 2nd goal is Welch sticking his leg out on a cross from the left along the ground to turn it in for OG, his 2nd in a row home v Liverpool, the 3rd is is just a corner with the scorer hitting it over the keepers head in a lobbed ball back into the goal area really- think Keeper should do way better, while the 4th the scorer just goes round half the defence before getting a shot away-dobbin hit post 2nd half though it was saved onto post-while they hit post as well

Watching the 15min highlights of that u18s game, the 4 -0 at HT actually seems lucky it was only that, could have been 7 or 8, 2nd goal is Welch sticking his leg out on a cross from the left along the ground to turn it in for OG, his 2nd in a row home v Liverpool, the 3rd is is just a corner with the scorer hitting it over the keepers head in a lobbed ball back into the goal area really- think Keeper should do way better, while the 4th the scorer just goes round half the defence before getting a shot away-dobbin hit post 2nd half though it was saved onto post-while they hit post as well
The score was flattering to Everton. Defensively the boys were poor. At half time they bought Cannon off and put Thompson on. I guess for damage limitation. At least that was achieved.