Everton Youth Teams Thread

I watched Kyle John in the Wooves game the other day. I was very impressed with him. Quickly, good engine, good dribbler etc. Looks the modern fullback
I would say to get a good balance watch John in the Man City U23s/game not long before lockdown mate , he was regularly skinned and left exposed by a very talented City youngster Jayden Braaf. I remember him diving in when he had Braaf on the touch line and Braaf just easily bypassed him , ran into the huge gap behind and scored . In fairness Braaf looks a huge talent who would have given older backs problem , but it for me highlights that John was converted to full back quite late and he’s got a lot of defensive stuff to catch up on .

I'm guessing if Thierry Small is really well thought of he may jump right into the u23. Looking at the players we have in our squad at the moment who can play left back it's a definite opportunity. There is Joe Anderson who started as a left back but is now seen more as a centre back. Jonathan Anderson is a 2nd year scholar but has yet to be offered a contract and Daniel Lowey who is a first year scholar but was sharing the role with Anderson in the u18s

Nathan Broadhead and Josh Bowler it will be interesting to see what we do with them. Both are in the last year of their contracts so I would imagine of we get any kind of offer for permanent deal we'll take it. However if we don't I would rather see them stay with u23 than go out on loan as we are a little short of attacking options at the moment and although I would say neither are likely to make it with us their extra experience could help the younger players as this squad is going to be our youngest for years. Bowler in particular plays on the right where I can't see a viable option at the moment.

Virginia and Gordon I would promote to 1st team squad. Gibson, Markelo and Adeniran I would give all 3 a 6 month loan to the Championship with a view to see if they could be integrated into the 1st team squad for 2nd half of the season if they do well.

I'm guessing if Thierry Small is really well thought of he may jump right into the u23. Looking at the players we have in our squad at the moment who can play left back it's a definite opportunity. There is Joe Anderson who started as a left back but is now seen more as a centre back. Jonathan Anderson is a 2nd year scholar but has yet to be offered a contract and Daniel Lowey who is a first year scholar but was sharing the role with Anderson in the u18s

Nathan Broadhead and Josh Bowler it will be interesting to see what we do with them. Both are in the last year of their contracts so I would imagine of we get any kind of offer for permanent deal we'll take it. However if we don't I would rather see them stay with u23 than go out on loan as we are a little short of attacking options at the moment and although I would say neither are likely to make it with us their extra experience could help the younger players as this squad is going to be our youngest for years. Bowler in particular plays on the right where I can't see a viable option at the moment.

Virginia and Gordon I would promote to 1st team squad. Gibson, Markelo and Adeniran I would give all 3 a 6 month loan to the Championship with a view to see if they could be integrated into the 1st team squad for 2nd half of the season if they do well.
Interesting thoughts re Small. Personally I think it’s too big a leap for him to begin full time training and be put straight into the U23s. Astley played one memorable game for the U23s as a Schoolboy but from memory it was close to Christmas before he fully moved up to the U23s having spent a few months bedding in as a CB in the u18s. All just opinions of course.
You‘re right about our limited LB options at U23s with Foulds moving on , I could see Joe Anderson playing there with Branthwaite and Astley as CBs , Lowey also stepping in when needed. We have 6or7 promising u16s coming in, if it’s a “normal “ playing season then by the end of it the best 2or3 will be marked by having played at U23 level.

There’s an interesting article on the Official Site about the launch of an International Affiliate Programme with three clubs , two in the US one in Australia .
This is a brief summary clip, it looks like an interesting development .

“ The affiliate programme, a key part of the Club’s international growth strategy, will provide clubs with access not only to the finest coaching knowledge but also sporting and business best practice to improve their sustainability and aid growth – a level of support that sets the Everton international Academy Affiliate Programme (EIAAP) apart from more traditional football camp models.

The first clubs to join the programme are Joondalup City FC (Perth, Australia), Columbus United (Ohio, USA) and Schulz Academy (Florida, USA).

Coaching staff and players of all ages from each club will benefit from year-round assistance and guidance from coaches at Everton’s world-renowned Academy”

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1672499/everton-launches-international-academy-affiliate-programme

There’s an interesting article on the Official Site about the launch of an International Affiliate Programme with three clubs , two in the US one in Australia .
This is a brief summary clip, it looks like an interesting development .

“ The affiliate programme, a key part of the Club’s international growth strategy, will provide clubs with access not only to the finest coaching knowledge but also sporting and business best practice to improve their sustainability and aid growth – a level of support that sets the Everton international Academy Affiliate Programme (EIAAP) apart from more traditional football camp models.

The first clubs to join the programme are Joondalup City FC (Perth, Australia), Columbus United (Ohio, USA) and Schulz Academy (Florida, USA).

Coaching staff and players of all ages from each club will benefit from year-round assistance and guidance from coaches at Everton’s world-renowned Academy”

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1672499/everton-launches-international-academy-affiliate-programme

Thats interesting and opportunity to poach Australian and American kids to our youth set up and as the guy from Joondalup said it impressed parents as way to gt into the top flight of game :)

More of these in South America, Europe, Asia and Africa please ;-)

....according to the club, 50 Academy players have made their debut for the first team in the PL era. Not sure how that equates to other clubs, but I suspect it’s a decent return.

Anyone know what has happened to Kieran Dowell. Presumably his loan to Wigan is now over. Would he be free to train with and possibly appear for first team before end of season if he's fit?

Anyone know what has happened to Kieran Dowell. Presumably his loan to Wigan is now over. Would he be free to train with and possibly appear for first team before end of season if he's fit?

He’ll still be there on loan till end of June I think. But suspect there’ll be something agreed where loans are extended till season end (if they proceed).

Pennington, Connolly, Dowell, Hornby, Broadhead and Bowler all in last year of contract when new season starts so I imagine we will take anything we can get for them. Baningime needs to go as well but he has another year on his contract so might be harder to shift.

Pennington, Connolly, Dowell, Hornby, Broadhead and Bowler all in last year of contract when new season starts so I imagine we will take anything we can get for them. Baningime needs to go as well but he has another year on his contract so might be harder to shift.
Could we possibly raise 10mil for all them, maybe in the current climate, clubs in the championship would rather spend what money they have on a few youngsters.

Throw in kenny abd Davies and potentially getting 30mi from young players would look good where ffp is concerned