Everton Youth Teams Thread

Id rather
Surely the Robinson deal is an alarm bell that we need to give these younger players a chance! Now more then ever in a dead rubber season. I don’t understand why we play the likes of Morgan when he clearly doesn’t care about Everton over the likes of Gordon? So many big teams this year giving youth a chance and yes they’re not doing so well but it takes time and in the long term they will all benefit
I see it the other way we need to be sending the youth players on loan, agree sell on clauses and if we think they are good enough agree first refusal or set price we can buy them back for. Robinson has benefited from regular game times at wigan if he stayed here he wouldnt have had regular games to improve would have been like kenny just sat on bench

They just need a chance doh.
Well you just have to roll your eyes at some comments and put things into perspective. Our brightest prospect is getting his chance, all be it slowly and nobody else on last nights performance is anywhere near our 1st team .

A promising attacking 18 year old fullback was regularly skinned and has a lot to learn about defending, and a partnership of an 18 year old and17 yr centre backs showed glimpses of promise. Holgate is 23 Kenny 23 next month so time is on their side.
The worry for me is the kind of “ chance” they were getting last night when Unsworth states “ we had a plan that was working “ . Yeah right, as Mike Tyson said “ Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face”. We were 2nd best from the start in a formation with 5 defenders and 5 midfielders and no signs of any ability to attack. We saw glimpses of Adeniran and Baningime but the formation they were asked to play limited them.
My glass remains half full and I have no problem losing to a much better team and we’re giving the 17/18 year olds a chance which is a sign that things are changing, we'll just have see if they are good enough.

Well you just have to roll your eyes at some comments and put things into perspective. Our brightest prospect is getting his chance, all be it slowly and nobody else on last nights performance is anywhere near our 1st team .

A promising attacking 18 year old fullback was regularly skinned and has a lot to learn about defending, and a partnership of an 18 year old and17 yr centre backs showed glimpses of promise. Holgate is 23 Kenny 23 next month so time is on their side.
The worry for me is the kind of “ chance” they were getting last night when Unsworth states “ we had a plan that was working “ . Yeah right, as Mike Tyson said “ Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face”. We were 2nd best from the start in a formation with 5 defenders and 5 midfielders and no signs of any ability to attack. We saw glimpses of Adeniran and Baningime but the formation they were asked to play limited them.
My glass remains half full and I have no problem losing to a much better team and we’re giving the 17/18 year olds a chance which is a sign that things are changing, we'll just have see if they are good enough.

Unsworth's plan last night was clearly "don't lose". He's outstayed his welcome for me.

Unsworth's plan last night was clearly "don't lose". He's outstayed his welcome for me.
Embarrassing line up. He’s so negative. And now he’s started to lose his older players. He needs to grow a pair and start coaching them and getting them to play and express themselves.

I think that’s beyond his capabilities

Embarrassing line up. He’s so negative. And now he’s started to lose his older players. He needs to grow a pair and start coaching them and getting them to play and express themselves.

Yeh and he doesn't have any excuse like "we lost Evans" because he had Simms, Mampala AND Dobbin on the bench. He's a dinosaur that needs removing.

...not trying to defend Unsworth and I haven’t analysed last night’s team, but I often wonder if his hands are tied regarding certain players he has to select as part of club strategy.

He might not have a free reign when it comes to selection.

Yeh and he doesn't have any excuse like "we lost Evans" because he had Simms, Mampala AND Dobbin on the bench. He's a dinosaur that needs removing.
I’ve never considered myself a “ tactician “ there are far more impressive people on GOT for analysing tactics , but accepting that hindsight is a wonderful thing, you could see the flaws last night. A flat back 5 who didn’t really press forward, a front 5 lined up like the 5 dots on a dice with huge gaps between John at right wing back and Quirk forward right which allowed them to play it around in midfield and Braaf pick up the ball unchallenged and run with it.

I’ve never considered myself a “ tactician “ there are far more impressive people on GOT for analysing tactics , but accepting that hindsight is a wonderful thing, you could see the flaws last night. A flat back 5 who didn’t really press forward, a front 5 lined up like the 5 dots on a dice with huge gaps between John at right wing back and Quirk forward right which allowed them to play it around in midfield and Braaf pick up the ball unchallenged and run with it.

I never watched but a midfield 4 of Beni, Adeniran, Markelo and Denny which are almost identical players was never going to allow for expressive football.

I never watched but a midfield 4 of Beni, Adeniran, Markelo and Denny which are almost identical players was never going to allow for expressive football.
I’m warming more and more to Adeniran as someone who’s differentiating himself from the other three with his attacking play from midfield, more powerful than pacy compared to Gordon. It’ll be interesting to see if he can score more goals.

...not trying to defend Unsworth and I haven’t analysed last night’s team, but I often wonder if his hands are tied regarding certain players he has to select as part of club strategy.

I think he does. I have no issue with u23's being rotated, they should be. It's about their development, not playing the best 11 every game. My issue is that they dont ever seem to have adopted a way of playing that will filter through players to the first team. The only time he wont have free reign is if a player gets taken up (ie Gordon), or players have been sent to play for fitness (or in Niasse's case cause he aint gonna get first team minutes).

Gordon is the first one in ages who has come through and is now bordering the first team. I don't include Baningime as Unsworth was who gave him a game and after he went back into the u23s/loan. Our U23 set up has been awful, not necceserily due to the players, but the set up just seems bizzare and doesn't provide anything for the first team.

There's no way the higher ups are telling him to pick no forwards in a meaningless u23 game.
If they are we are in big trouble

I’m warming more and more to Adeniran as someone who’s differentiating himself from the other three with his attacking play from midfield, more powerful than pacy compared to Gordon. It’ll be interesting to see if he can score more goals.

...always thought of him as a scorer of fine goals as opposed to a fine goalscorer, but he does have the athleticism (pace and power) to hit the box more and it was encouraging to see him do that to good affect recently. If he can add that to his game then it would be a big plus in his aim of breaking through.

I think he does. I have no issue with u23's being rotated, they should be. It's about their development, not playing the best 11 every game. My issue is that they dont ever seem to have adopted a way of playing that will filter through players to the first team. The only time he wont have free reign is if a player gets taken up (ie Gordon), or players have been sent to play for fitness (or in Niasse's case cause he aint gonna get first team minutes).

Gordon is the first one in ages who has come through and is now bordering the first team. I don't include Baningime as Unsworth was who gave him a game and after he went back into the u23s/loan. Our U23 set up has been awful, not necceserily due to the players, but the set up just seems bizzare and doesn't provide anything for the first team.

...I’m more concerned with our continued to failure to have a run in the FA Youth Cup. I always think that’s a great indicator of talent at U18 level, yet it’s many years since we’ve reached the later rounds.