Everton Youth Teams Thread

Same age as Onyango who was there. *shrug*
??I’ll repeat , Welch is a Schoolboy. He’s coming back from injury . He doesn’t train full time as Onyango does. He’s nowhere near being ready to train with the 1st team , hasn’t even made the U23s team . Their only similarity is they were born in the same Calendar Year and therefore play in the same England team.

??I’ll repeat , Welch is a Schoolboy. He’s coming back from injury . He doesn’t train full time as Onyango does. He’s nowhere near being ready to train with the 1st team , hasn’t even made the U23s team . Their only similarity is they were born in the same Calendar Year and therefore play in the same England team.

No need to get so menstrual about it. Merely pointing out their age.

You related to him fella?

Cup Holders Everton u23s return to premier league cup action friday night 7pm ko hoping for the win v Fulham that would put them top by 1 point above Fulham, with 2 group games left with the top 2 going through from the group

While

Saturday morning home 11am ko is a big game for 3rd placed Everton u18s as they play the leaders man city who are the highest scorers/lowest conceeders, knowing a win would put them 6 points off top with 2 games in hand, City have scored 3 or more on there last 4 visits,there 2 wins been both 3-1 while there has been a 4-4 and a 5-3 everton win

Last edited:

I was just looking at the contract situation of the 9 2nd year scholars. From what I can see Astley and Carroll both contracted until 2021 and Hughes and Hunt until 2022. Of the 5 remaining Tryer, Barrett, Hosie, Anderson, Quirk how many do you think will get kept on my guess is Tryer will get a contract as he's already promoted to u23 but the other 4 I haven't a clue.

Onyango, Foulds, Feeney, Markelo, Adeniran, Gordon, Branthwaite, Vigario, Evans.

Branthwaite must be a talent to go straight into first-team training after a few days.
wow Tyler Onyango training with the first team at 16, Great to see.

Yeah, those two must be impressing to be included with the 1st team, even if it is just training.

No need to get so menstrual about it. Merely pointing out their age.
Tyler is 17 in March, and Welch next September, so a fair difference at that age, and in diff age groups/school years obvs.

I was just looking at the contract situation of the 9 2nd year scholars. From what I can see Astley and Carroll both contracted until 2021 and Hughes and Hunt until 2022. Of the 5 remaining Tryer, Barrett, Hosie, Anderson, Quirk how many do you think will get kept on my guess is Tryer will get a contract as he's already promoted to u23 but the other 4 I haven't a clue.
From what people have been saying on here, I would imagine Quirk would, sounds like a very useful/tidy little player I think.

It’s always hard to tell, last year we let go of 2or 3 regular u18 who I thought we’d keep so maybe we’re becoming harsher or they see younger players who are better coming through. Tyrer definitely, Hansen has a contract so maybe Barrett misses out, Anderson has lost his place to Lowey a few times , Hosie hasn’t really looked strong enough so both full backs likely to go , Quirk has looked good this season worth a contract I think but it’s a crowded midfield he’ll be competing in.

It’s always hard to tell, last year we let go of 2or 3 regular u18 who I thought we’d keep so maybe we’re becoming harsher or they see younger players who are better coming through. Tyrer definitely, Hansen has a contract so maybe Barrett misses out, Anderson has lost his place to Lowey a few times , Hosie hasn’t really looked strong enough so both full backs likely to go , Quirk has looked good this season worth a contract I think but it’s a crowded midfield he’ll be competing in.

I agree with your assessment pretty much much. I hope they get Astley tied down on a longer contract. It's a shame about Hosie and Anderson as the only full back we currently have in u23 is Kyle John. Matthew Foulds plays there but he is really a centre back and will probably be released. So we'll probably end up with Astley and Joe Anderson playing there in games even though they are both probably centre backs. We need to make u23 and u18 more streamline with the first team so ideally players playing in their correct position ready to step up.

I agree with your assessment pretty much much. I hope they get Astley tied down on a longer contract. It's a shame about Hosie and Anderson as the only full back we currently have in u23 is Kyle John. Matthew Foulds plays there but he is really a centre back and will probably be released. So we'll probably end up with Astley and Joe Anderson playing there in games even though they are both probably centre backs. We need to make u23 and u18 more streamline with the first team so ideally players playing in their correct position ready to step up.
Yep, there’s certainly potential holes at U23s next season, particularly at left back, if we let too many go. Joe Anderson played a lot at left back in the u18 initially before moving to CB , as well as LB for the U23s . I wouldn’t be unhappy with a back four of John, Astley, Branthwaite, Anderson next season. All depends on what we do with Feeney, Gibson, Foulds and Ouzonidis I guess , as we'll a reasonable squad.