Everton Youth Teams Thread

I’d be happy with him being back up for digne next season with Baines being let go.

...it’s a similar discussion to Holgate regarding best position, but I think Gibson is a left sided CB who can play LB, as opposed to a full back who can play CB. Saying that, you could be right that he gets his first opportunity at LB and follows the same route as Ratcliffe.

Gibson has two things in his favour over Feeney. Firstly he’s got a bit more physicality about him , stronger , bigger build. Secondly , he can play left full back which while it may not be his favourite/ best position , it offers up more chance of first team exposure/cover and also more opportunity for England u21/20 etc selection. If the first team had been a bit poorer towards the end of the season and the U23s games not so significant I think he’d have got a squad spot , but only18 so .... next season.

I’d be happy with him being back up for digne next season with Baines being let go.
...it’s a similar discussion to Holgate regarding best position, but I think Gibson is a left sided CB who can play LB, as opposed to a full back who can play CB. Saying that, you could be right that he gets his first opportunity at LB and follows the same route as Ratcliffe.
For me Holgate and Gibson should be 4th and 5th choice centre backs and 2nd choice full back on their respective sides. It will give us plenty of cover in defence without over filling the squad.

If we can go with Gibson at left back behind Digne then we'll save a packet from Baines wages and also show the u23s the pathway to the first team.

Hes the right age (19 in July) and it seems to be a perfect opportunity.

On the right side though, none of Holgate, Kenny or Coleman are anywhere near the level of Digne and i think 2 will be sold...we have Astley and John in the u23s...how long till one of them could come up?

Gibson has two things in his favour over Feeney. Firstly he’s got a bit more physicality about him , stronger , bigger build. Secondly , he can play left full back which while it may not be his favourite/ best position , it offers up more chance of first team exposure/cover and also more opportunity for England u21/20 etc selection. If the first team had been a bit poorer towards the end of the season and the U23s games not so significant I think he’d have got a squad spot , but only18 so .... next season.

...yep, better physicality given his age but he’s a left sided CB which is a big plus, and he’s comfortable striding out with the ball. Feeney has a first class attitude to his footy but I think Gibson has more quality.

If we can go with Gibson at left back behind Digne then we'll save a packet from Baines wages and also show the u23s the pathway to the first team.

Hes the right age (19 in July) and it seems to be a perfect opportunity.

On the right side though, none of Holgate, Kenny or Coleman are anywhere near the level of Digne and i think 2 will be sold...we have Astley and John in the u23s...how long till one of them could come up?

...if the links with a RB are true, it suggests Coleman might be back-up.

....I don’t see the point, there is nothing to learn, the club know his game now. Another season on loan is another year off his contract. Use him or sell him.

But he has been OK for Leeds and at RB rather than CB. Could there be a player in there

...if the links with a RB are true, it suggests Coleman might be back-up.
JJK to Palace is a rumour that won’t go away in Croydon
My sons partner’s family are all Palace season ticket holders and they can see Wan Bissaka being sold for north of 40 m and Kenny for 10/15 m as a replacement
They need to upgrade their squad but want to keep Zaha who apparently wants away

@Zatara we are not buying Wan Bissaka