Everton Youth Teams Thread

....it’s important folk don’t get carried away with the U23 success. I watched a fair few of the games this season and Tyias Browning was a stand-out. That’s a benchmark to remember. Unsworth has a settled team who are well drilled, organised and difficult to beat.

We continue to fail at FA Youth Cup level which I think is always a reflection of having a true star player (we got the final in Rooney’s year). One or two of the U23 team might end up having a chance, but it’s a massive step up to Premier level.

I wouldn’t be overly concerned if Silva wasn’t there, he might have been elsewhere on club business and will know these lads very well.

Those days are long gone Eggs, I'd say the last big name to be a youth cup winner for any team is Jack Wilshire and that was 10 yrs ago

So...

Virginia, Astley, Gibson, Feeney and Adeniran all good enough as backups in the 1st team next season?
Virginia maybe. Adeniran definitely not. The rest depends on what we do with Zouma Holgate and Jags.

This isn't directed just at Zat: is this Gordon kid the real deal? I like what I've but I think some of you will know more.

Probably not, but I think sometimes you have to give them a taste, and see if it sparks a step up. I don't recall people raving about Rashford before they had no choice but to bring him on.

I think that fella longstaff at Newcastle is a good case in point with young players, not highly rated coming up, average lone spells, manager clearly didn't rate him but eventually forced to give him a chance due to injuries and suspensions but he seized the opportunity and now talk of an England call up.

1 more win gets us to 40 points, if I were Silva I'd bring in a few of the young lads especially strikers Simms, Broadhead and Sambou just for a look at what we have when it dosent really matter in the league, you'd never know our striker problem could be solved without costing tens of millions.