Everton win the media league...sorry prem

Not for a long time.
Not with the current setup.
Not in most of our lifetimes.

Unless things change to level the playing field, which is actually possible, if the current crooks are booted.

Does anyone think everton will ever win the league again? My view is not and that's being kind (don't ever think we will even be in the top 3). So, my next question is why brother? Its like fans outside the media teams have a mental illness. We all want glory but it's suits that have decided overwise.
Yes the championship next year

It will be very very very hard.

Unless rules around level salary caps and transfer spend come in (as in flat maximums applied to all clubs regardless of income or size) or the money side of the game collapses. Can't see either at the moment.

Mind you, the Italian league lost its lustre when TV companies started throwing cash elsewhere. Maybe the allure of England fades at some point.

It’s probably a waste of energy worrying about it. Enjoy the process. I thought this after the Luton game, I was miserable for a few minutes but on reflection I’d had a terrific day with my kids all dressed in blue, singing the songs on the way in the car. Lovely mars duo before the game, few items from the club shop and the kids always love going whether at the stadium or at home on the tv.

Man City fans don’t even look that excited when they win now whereas me and the kids were buzzing all weekend after the branthwaite equaliser v Tottenham. Winning the league is great for bragging rights but I’d recommend just to enjoy the little things that make being an Evertonian unique even if that’s just seeing 11 lads giving 100% every week, otherwise we will be pissed off all the time and that can’t be good!
Agree with so much of this.

I can remember the exact moment of my own 'why even bother' moment - when City bought Stones and I thought to myself: what's the point, when there are any number of clubs like that who can just pick off our brightest and best, meaning we'll be forever stuck where we are.

Without wanting to sound too 'self-help', I think it's about learning how to continue enjoying the good moments to the max (Branthwaite's equaliser vs Spurs had me punching the air like an absolute madman), while also learning how to get over the bad moments easily - 10 years ago, Everton losing would ruin my whole weekend. Whereas that 3-0 loss to Wolves the other week when we were absolutely abysmal - 90 mins of frustration, but after that, shrugged it off and just got on with my day...

Also agreed with the point about the Man City fans. Do you really get that special feeling every time, once you start winning silverware so regularly? Does winning their bazillionth league cup really give them as much of a rush as we got when Doucoure scored against Bournemouth final game of last season? Not saying that I don't want to see Everton win things, but I genuinely think winning 3 points does feel more special to us than it does to their fans.

Anyway, born not manufactured, so got to find a way to live with it innit ;)

Agree with so much of this.

I can remember the exact moment of my own 'why even bother' moment - when City bought Stones and I thought to myself: what's the point, when there are any number of clubs like that who can just pick off our brightest and best, meaning we'll be forever stuck where we are.

Without wanting to sound too 'self-help', I think it's about learning how to continue enjoying the good moments to the max (Branthwaite's equaliser vs Spurs had me punching the air like an absolute madman), while also learning how to get over the bad moments easily - 10 years ago, Everton losing would ruin my whole weekend. Whereas that 3-0 loss to Wolves the other week when we were absolutely abysmal - 90 mins of frustration, but after that, shrugged it off and just got on with my day...

Also agreed with the point about the Man City fans. Do you really get that special feeling every time, once you start winning silverware so regularly? Does winning their bazillionth league cup really give them as much of a rush as we got when Doucoure scored against Bournemouth final game of last season? Not saying that I don't want to see Everton win things, but I genuinely think winning 3 points does feel more special to us than it does to their fans.

Anyway, born not manufactured, so got to find a way to live with it innit ;)
Thank you for articulating my point better than I did! *bookmarked.

Not unless the stars align for us. I doubt I will see it in my lifetime. I honestly cant see us winning another trophy for some time.

I am old/fortunate enough to have went to Wembley in 95. I am happy to say I have seen us win something. Its the generations after me I feel sorry for.

Does anyone think everton will ever win the league again? My view is not and that's being kind (don't ever think we will even be in the top 3). So, my next question is why brother? Its like fans outside the media teams have a mental illness. We all want glory but it's suits that have decided overwise.

Convinced that in the next few years we will see some kind of UK 'super league'.

Look at the current media coverage, SKY, Prem, BBC, are all giving 95% of coverage to six 'global' supported teams.

Everton FC, and the bulk of it's fans do not fit their narrative.

We may do better in some kind of alternative league.

No club, including us, will ever be allowed to do another 'Leicester'.

Harsh reality says not again in my lifetime.
But you never know, maybe the planets align, the super 6 have an off-season, we find some magic inhalers and have a season like Leicester did.

If ever something like that did happen, we’d likely get cannibalised like Leicester did and lose key players.
Something fundamentally has to change in the club, but I fear that things are going to get worse before they get better.