Match Thread Everton vs West Ham United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My assessment of the game is that West ham still possess a better team than we do. And if West ham were on form going into that match then they don't lose it. Something from their very decent opportunities would have fallen for them.

However we are in transition and it's the kind of result we desperately needed. We have a lot of players who are growing and getting better game by game and In a year or 2 with some more good transfer windows we could be matching a team like West ham for quality and that would mean top half finishes again going into the new stadium.

I actually think that it was a great result for us. Possibly all of the defenders made mistakes but there was cover there. We struggled after we scored and I think that Gordon had a quiet game by his standards. It's always good to win and have plenty of areas to fix. I do think that Lampard was slow with his substitutions and I am not sure why Allan was not on the bench. Not an immediate problem given the current fixture list but I do hope that we'll not flog some of our players too much.
Allan looks to be on the verge of a move - similar to James….

My assessment of the game is that West ham still possess a better team than we do. And if West ham were on form going into that match then they don't lose it. Something from their very decent opportunities would have fallen for them.

However we are in transition and it's the kind of result we desperately needed. We have a lot of players who are growing and getting better game by game and In a year or 2 with some more good transfer windows we could be matching a team like West ham for quality and that would mean top half finishes again going into the new stadium.

Think we should be aiming and expecting more than that.

Haha we used to go there after Sunday league football. I've had some mental nights in there. The old owner presuming she isn't there anymore was an arsenal fan I seem to recall. I'm talking about 15 years ago. She wouldn't have stood for the Brighton kop I'm sure. Any idea where they drink now out of interest?
WEnt in there one time when I was at uni. I had been to the emergency room as I cut my finger almost off with a flat head screwdriver, fixing a plug. Anyway, to staunch the bleeding I had to keep my hand up in the air.... ridiculous. I think the 7 pints helped though (not blood)

Haha we used to go there after Sunday league football. I've had some mental nights in there. The old owner presuming she isn't there anymore was an arsenal fan I seem to recall. I'm talking about 15 years ago. She wouldn't have stood for the Brighton kop I'm sure. Any idea where they drink now out of interest?
The Font in the Laines, stinks of pi$$ so is ideal for them

Status
Not open for further replies.