Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope we hammer them today -

1663493738461.png

Because you're painfully pessimistic.
We've scored 4 goals in 6 games. We only managed 1 goal against league 1 opposition. Why would I expect us to score 3 or 4 in one afternoon like some have predicted? If we win, it will be by a single goal.

I'm not unnecessarily pessimistic, I'm just being realistic. Predicting a 3 or 4 nil win is absolutely not realistic or sensible.

Todays prediction is we win in such good fashion and get a glimpse of the future in how football is to be enjoyed Everton under sexy Frank.

So much so that the over-optimistic start creating threads titled 'Could Everton achieve top 6 this season'

Which sparks outrage amongst those nihilistic sewer rats that potter about in the relegation thread, clinging on to their new doom and gloom privilege.

COYB

We've scored 4 goals in 6 games. We only managed 1 goal against league 1 opposition. Why would I expect us to score 3 or 4 in one afternoon like some have predicted? If we win, it will be by a single goal.

I'm not unnecessarily pessimistic, I'm just being realistic. Predicting a 3 or 4 nil win is absolutely not realistic or sensible.
Most of those games we didn't have a striker. (This is super important to win games of football).

And I'm not talking about three or four nil predictions... I replied to your post which predicts a cagey 0-0 and then continuing to pull down the hopes of anybody that predicts even a 2 nil win.

Witb them playing away in europe midweek, I reckon a fast start today and then keeping the tempo will give us the edge over them

That’s the spirit!

Most of those games we didn't have a striker. (This is super important to win games of football).

And I'm not talking about three or four nil predictions... I replied to your post which predicts a cagey 0-0 and then continuing to pull down the hopes of anybody that predicts even a 2 nil win.
Well I don't think it's going to be an easy game like people are suggesting. No game is easy when you lack goals, but of course we can win. Just not comfortably by a number of goals. Any win will be a good win today. Give me 1 nil right now.

Well I don't think it's going to be an easy game like people are suggesting. No game is easy when you lack goals, but of course we can win. Just not comfortably by a number of goals. Any win will be a good win today. Give me 1 nil right now.
Well that's a very different take to your initial 'It's going to be a cagey 0-0 performance' now isn't it Timmy boy?

Well that's a very different take to your initial 'It's going to be a cagey 0-0 performance' now isn't it Timmy boy?

Well no not really. If I had to predict the result, I think it will be a draw. But of course we can win. And we could lose too.

I think expecting comfortable wins is pretty ridiculous for this team. The matches are all very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.